Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade sticks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

For any looking to get TE round 2, I was just in HMV and they have 2 of each for both the xbox and PS3 @ €169.

There on [URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002V0WKXM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_i5?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0R487M2Z9ZYETN6BQKT9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294]Amazon[/URL] for €150, but if you really want one now! you can get it in HMV Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Is there any difference between the R1s and R2s aside from the trim on the edges, or do they actually come with different components?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Nope, same parts and components. Just superficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Sairus wrote: »
    Is there any difference between the R1s and R2s aside from the trim on the edges, or do they actually come with different components?

Are you thinking of the sticks that come with super? Anyway the round 2 sticks are round 1 TE's with different artwork .

Sairus wrote: »
    Sisko wrote: »
    Are you thinking of the sticks that come with super? Anyway the round 2 sticks are round 1 TE's with different artwork .

Aside from the different artwork I mean the black panels on the sides of the R2; the R1s have white panels. (I suppose that falls under artwork too, but you know what I mean)
    Cheers for clearing that up, I just bought a TE R1 so I'm glad I'm not actually missing anything. I'd be swapping out the faceplates pretty fast anyways so that doesn't matter to me XD Need to get on drawing me some artwork.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm in the middle of getting artwork for my SE done too :D

My fully modded SE with ps1/2 PCB and a ps3 + 360 converters so I can use them on both consoles has cost me 120 euro in all.

I'm just looking back wondering if I should have got a TE in the 1st place but then I'd still have the dual console thing to tackle.

If I could go back instead of buying a TE or SE I might have gone for this :

0.jpg

(one on the right) as while its about 200 euro , it'd work on both systems, fully sanwa etc

You order it from this guy

http://www.aiabstore.com/category.sc?categoryId=16

It is very pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

New Hori Fighting Commander spotted.

pa.173598.1.jpgpa.173599.1.jpg

$35+p&p, PS3 only, available in blue or black.

wow they look sweet.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

DOWN SISKO! You're a stick player now, remember?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Those contollers dont look bad at all.

Ive got virtua stick high grade for ps3 for sale. Im looking for 40 quid for it cos its got some cosmetic damage. I thought id mention it here before i put it on adverts. If anyone wants pics ill sort some out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bush80 wrote: »
    Those contollers dont look bad at all.

Ive got virtua stick high grade for ps3 for sale. Im looking for 40 quid for it cos its got some cosmetic damage. I thought id mention it here before i put it on adverts. If anyone wants pics ill sort some out.
    I'll happily go into the red for this.
    Pics would be appreciated though.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    DOWN SISKO! You're a stick player now, remember?!

Hehe, I won't fully consider myself a stick player till I can match what I can do on pad, on stick :p Although within the next week or so I'll probably never touch my pad again as I hope to have my stick fully modded, dual console compatible, and painted with new art.

Those pads looks nice, I've friends that find SF hard to play on the ps3 cause they grind their thumbs on the d-pad instead of just pressing it. & on the 360 they're forced to use the thumb stick.

The mad catz pads are a good alternative but these pads look even better.

If I was still trying to be a pad player however I'd be still sticking to the ps3 pad. Not being used to the 6 button layout etc.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'll happily go into the red for this.
    Pics would be appreciated though.

Alright ill get some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

My TE arrived this morning =D
    My poor battered college attendence just took another soul spark to the gut.

Bush80 wrote: »
    Alright ill get some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry it took so long, laptop trouble.

http://img101.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00002is.jpg

You can see the damage here. Its got one rusty bolt. A few minor scratches and one big scratch on the bottom right. The top plate had some rust on the bottom right and is kind of warped now. Buttons and stick are like new.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Modded sticks with Controller Type A layouts you say...

pimpmystick.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

nice one chop.

I was gonna go with green stick and buttons on my stick but I ended up going with boring auld red : p

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Hi lads.
    Im lookin to buy a Round 2 TE..Been lookin on ebay and the best price is 140 buts its an american stick..Will this work on our PAL european consoles??. Does anybody else know where i can look online for them besides amazon and ebay???.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

BanjoB wrote: »
    Hi lads.
    Im lookin to buy a Round 2 TE..Been lookin on ebay and the best price is 140 buts its an american stick..Will this work on our PAL european consoles??. Does anybody else know where i can look online for them besides amazon and ebay???.
    Thanks.
    Hardware isn't region locked, so it'll work on either NTSC or PAL consoles.

Gameseek sell them, but i'm not sure what delivery to ireland is like
    http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Xbox-360a2zwe9qfqf7/Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-FightStick--Tournament-Edition--Round-2

Few more places here http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=Street+Fighter+IV+Arcade+FightStick+-+Tournament+Edition+-+Round+2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Managed to scrape a bit of money together and looking for a new stick (since my old one is kaput). Before I run off and buy another SE does anyone have any sticks they'd be willing to part with? I'm looking for something xbox compatible and under €70 (can stretch to €80 if its worth it!)

• Advertisement

PPC wrote: »
    Hardware isn't region locked, so it'll work on either NTSC or PAL consoles.

Gameseek sell them, but i'm not sure what delivery to ireland is like
    http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Xbox-360a2zwe9qfqf7/Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-FightStick--Tournament-Edition--Round-2

Few more places here http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=Street+Fighter+IV+Arcade+FightStick+-+Tournament+Edition+-+Round+2
    Thanks man.
    Just tried game seek but they only ship games to ireland, nothing heavy :( . Ill keep lookin though. Good to know an american stick'l work here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Jim wrote: »
    Managed to scrape a bit of money together and looking for a new stick (since my old one is kaput). Before I run off and buy another SE does anyone have any sticks they'd be willing to part with? I'm looking for something xbox compatible and under €70 (can stretch to €80 if its worth it!)
    You could buy one of these and use this tutorial to mod it. Could also put the pcb in the SE.
    Would probably have change left over to buy some sanwa parts aswell.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jim mr kyle said he was selling a stick yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone looking for a TE madcatz stick then zavvi liffey valley are selling them for 169 euro!

not that bad of a price when you consider its not that much cheaper to buy online!

m8 of mine said he saw them going for 160 in HMV in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Sisko wrote: »
    m8 of mine said he saw them going for 160 in HMV in town.
    I THOUGHT IT SAID 169 MAYBE IT WAS 160 EITHER WAY THEY ARE A GREAT STICK!

SORRY FOR CAPS LAPTOP IS WRECKED LOL

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

They're pretty cheap online these days. Around €130 or so for 360 and even cheaper for PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It's about 40 quid cheaper online I think

• Advertisement

A-Trak wrote: »
    For any looking to get TE round 2, I was just in HMV and they have 2 of each for both the xbox and PS3 @ €169.

There on [URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002V0WKXM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_i5?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0R487M2Z9ZYETN6BQKT9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294]Amazon[/URL] for €150, but if you really want one now! you can get it in HMV Dundrum.

Was up in dun drum 2day and remembered this post so I got me one of these fine things. Thanks for the heads up!!.

Advertisement