Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade sticks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sisko wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in the middle of getting artwork for my SE done too :D

My fully modded SE with ps1/2 PCB and a ps3 + 360 converters so I can use them on both consoles has cost me 120 euro in all.

I'm just looking back wondering if I should have got a TE in the 1st place but then I'd still have the dual console thing to tackle.

If I could go back instead of buying a TE or SE I might have gone for this :

0.jpg

(one on the right) as while its about 200 euro , it'd work on both systems, fully sanwa etc

You order it from this guy

http://www.aiabstore.com/category.sc?categoryId=16

It is very pricey though.

Must resist urge to buy an arcade in a box stick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Few questions

As some may know I'm moving to Canada in a few weeks. I've been looking at the size of my TE and the amount of stuff I need to pack and I'm thinking something is going to have to give (how many pair of socks could I fit inside the hollow of the TE? :pac:)

I'm thinking about moving over to something smaller, like the SE, and offloading the TE (maybe) BUT I'd like to get something as small as the SE but with quick disconnects, and easily upgradeable.

What are my options?

If someone has an SE with already upgraded parts I might be interested in a swap (we could try out each others sticks at a meet)

I don't really care what console it's compatible with (as I'll be using it with a PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Sounds like your looking for a modded SE for the 360 then so. You mean quick disconnect as in the cable that goes from the stick to the console right?

Otherwise if I were you, I'd still go for a ps3 modded SE cause your on ps3 and super wont be out on pc for ages if it does come out.

Sisko wrote: »
    Otherwise if I were you, I'd still go for a ps3 modded SE cause your on ps3 and super wont be out on pc for ages if it does come out.

Well I'm not on the PS3 anymore, that's already been sold off :( I'd say I might be picking up a 360 first in Canada anyway, seems more of the guys here and on SRK are playing SFIV on that console.

A modded SE would be nice though, if anyone has one and is thinking of upgrading to a TE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Hmm this sounds interesting. I have a modded SE with sanwa buttons and a sanwa stick. It's still in good condition since I bought it with the intention of using it on PC, but it wasn't compatible with mine, only time I really use it anymore is at the meet-ups.
    I'll bring it to the next casuals to see if you like it.

Also it only has the main 6 buttons replaced, with black buttons, but I have 2 spare white buttons I could put into the 3P 3K positions if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll swap you for my modded SE (Sanwa JLF, Sanwa buttons) if it's a 360 TE Leimrod, but I fear it's a PS3 one?

edit: Damn you Red :pac:

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'll swap you for my modded SE (Sanwa JLF, Sanwa buttons) if it's a 360 TE Leimrod, but I fear it's a PS3 one?

edit: Damn you Red :pac:

Bahaha, the fancy TE will be mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

L31mr0d wrote: »
    A modded SE would be nice though, if anyone has one and is thinking of upgrading to a TE :D

Man, I so would have taken this offer had i not put my beautiful artwork on my SE!

But really, are you gonna save that much room with an SE vs a TE?!! Seriously, 5 inches squared maybe?!! That cannot be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You could always buy a new stick when in Canada -- like this PS3 Wireless FS (by Hori).
    Incidentally, first time I've seen a non-Tekken one, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Not interested in a stick anymore.

Went out drinking this afternoon, got home drunk and ordered myself a TE.

D'oh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Jim wrote: »
    Not interested in a stick anymore.

Went out drinking this afternoon, got home drunk and ordered myself a TE.

D'oh.
    About time :) you won't regret it.

Red350 wrote: »
    Hmm this sounds interesting. I have a modded SE with sanwa buttons and a sanwa stick. It's still in good condition since I bought it with the intention of using it on PC, but it wasn't compatible with mine, only time I really use it anymore is at the meet-ups.
    I'll bring it to the next casuals to see if you like it.

Also it only has the main 6 buttons replaced, with black buttons, but I have 2 spare white buttons I could put into the 3P 3K positions if you want.

Yeah definitely. We should try it out at one of the casuals. Is it a PS3 controller?
    animaX wrote: »
    But really, are you gonna save that much room with an SE vs a TE?!! Seriously, 5 inches squared maybe?!! That cannot be worth it

It's not only the size, it's heavy. When you have to fit your life into 2 25kg bags you have to start thinking about what you can cut back on.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Yeah definitely. We should try it out at one of the casuals. Is it a PS3 controller?

Yea it's PS3, I'll bring it to the next casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Been playin a day now with the TE round 2 and I have to say it's a big improvement on the SE for me. More comfortable and the stick is a little stiffer which is somethin I wanted. I had an Octo gate on my last stick though and I'm findin bein back on the square gate tough again. I'll have to persevere though. ......moral of the story is those TE's are v nice :)

Would be just as easy to but the octo gate onto the TE stick. Easier in fact if on your SE you were using stock parts.

The gates are hard to get off on the SE stock but with the sanwa's its much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Just stick with square gate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yep. Then if you ever have to use someone else's stick you'll have no trouble.

Or duel mod so you wont need to use someone elses crappy stick :p

I have a Sanwa octo gate which I'm never gonna use.
    3.50 ONO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'll buy it. But just to make Dreddy think I'm using it to stress him out :pac:

• Advertisement

I def think I'll stick with the square gate this time. I play charge characters anyway so it makes sense. Just found gettin chuns stomp out all the time was tough so I got the Octo gate on the se before.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

Hey guys, I just got a load of new Sanwa parts for my stick (new stick and buttons). Just wondering if anybody had any links or tutorials That you found helpful, cos I'm not really sure what I'm doin :p. Thanks for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hey guys, I just got a load of new Sanwa parts for my stick (new stick and buttons). Just wondering if anybody had any links or tutorials That you found helpful, cos I'm not really sure what I'm doin :p. Thanks for any help!

What model of stick do you have currently?

Oh sorry forgot to mention it's a Madatz SE

Hehehe well your in luck man not only is there about a billion tutorials but I also just so happened to mod my SE with sanwa parts last week. (1st time stick modding)

Only issues I ran into was figuring out how to get the old mounting plate into the new stick (I had to take out the nuts from the madcats stick and put them into the sanwa stick so I could scew the plate onto it)

And breaking my original madcats buttons when disconnecting the wires.

This happened once when I pulling the wires from the button it took parts of the button with it. Killing the button. T'was only ****ty mad catz buttons but still.

Anyway heres some vids:

http://gaming.icrontic.com/article/mod-madcatz-se-fightstick/

and

any questions, ask away.

V easy procedure man. I did on my se and just this week on new te.when getting the buttons out be a little careful though. I bust one of mine too by bein a little too firm.

Thanks for the replys guys, but I have one problem. I couldn't put in the stick itself, cos there was no metal plate on it like the original one.

I tried to take the plate off, but i shredded one of the screws and i can't get it off. Even if it had come off, I don't think the screws would have fit the new stick.

Anyway i put the old stick back in but I hope to fix this soon. Any ideas on what to do? The stick's number is JLF-TP-8Y-SK btw.

The screws from the Madcatz top plate DEFINITELY fit on the JLF.
    You can get away with 3 screws, no problem. (Heck, probably even 2 on opposite ends if you're pushed).

Get an electric drill & use it to drill out the defective screw with a metal-drilling bit -- it'll sound horrid as you're doing it, but works.

Thanks for the replys guys, but I have one problem. I couldn't put in the stick itself, cos there was no metal plate on it like the original one.

I tried to take the plate off, but i shredded one of the screws and i can't get it off. Even if it had come off, I don't think the screws would have fit the new stick.

Anyway i put the old stick back in but I hope to fix this soon. Any ideas on what to do? The stick's number is JLF-TP-8Y-SK btw.

As I mentioned in my post, I had to use the madcatz mounting plate (the metal plate thing) and at 1st it seemed like it wouldn't scew into my stick either. Then I tried screwing in screws with out the plate and they wouldnt fit either.

Then I discovered that theres these nuts that go in the hole which you must take out of the mad catz stick and put into your sanwa stick before the scews work.

Was actually easy enough to get them out and slap them into the sanwa one. They're covered in a kinda greese but it works. Makes sure when you pop them into the hole they go all the way down so the scews will be able to fit into them when your screwing from the otherside.

Should work out fine for yea.

• Advertisement

LOL, forgot the nuts.

Yeah, they're BOLTS, not screws.

Advertisement