Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade sticks

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    How much would that set someone back? Or is it the rarity that's more problematic?

Well, I hear the oil filled radiator is less popular than it once was, but you can still pick plenty of them up on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    How much would that set someone back? Or is it the rarity that's more problematic?

Pretty expensive actually, and pretty rare. Although, can be found on ebay. here or here for example

Edit: Doom just beat me to the exact same joke!

animaX wrote: »
    Pretty expensive actually, and pretty rare. Although, can be found on ebay. here or here for example

Edit: Doom just beat me to the exact same joke!

Yeah, that's the ol sf2 reflexes right there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lol anyway those are cps2 cabs [astro city] with cps3 jamma boards.
    You can forget about picking one up, only way would be ebay and even then it will need to be ground shipped and heavily dutied.

probably around 6-7OO dollas. without the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

I bought a Virtua Stick High Grade (PS3) a week ago. How easy/possible is dual modding (360)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    I bought a Virtua Stick High Grade (PS3) a week ago. How easy/possible is dual modding (360)?

You can buy a Datel Stick with dual pcb in it from Amazon for about 40 quid. You just need to solder it upto the controls and it'll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

What's the cheapest best cab you can pick up?

(I'm in the infancy stage of building my "Games Room")

For instance would it be better to have a cabinet built to spec out timber which I can have done for next to free, source a screen and stick parts, and put an xbox and emulator PC in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

A-Trak wrote: »

For instance would it be better to have a cabinet built to spec out timber which I can have done for next to free, source a screen and stick parts, and put an xbox and emulator PC in?

I've been tempted for a while to build something like this. http://bartoparcade.katorlegaz.com/
    Arcade machines take up too much room, at least with this you can move it around if needs be.

Otherwise checkout http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=all&si=arcade+cabinet&sort=1 or http://shop.ebay.ie/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=arcade+cabinet

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I would kill my neighbour's dog to own a proper Japanese 29" candy cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

best fiancée ever

• Advertisement

P1190384.JPG

€60 shipped... don't think I can afford that though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    best fiancée ever

She's just letting him have a games room so she can stop him from ever going out again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lol he made up the fiancee thing
    paul has a real life doll for a partner

him after 5O years.
    kings2.jpg

he probably didnt see the futurama episode !
    dolls and robots dont age man !
    Don-t-Date-Robots-futurama-605574_576_432.jpgFry_and_Lucy_Liu_robot.jpg

il help u build the cab if you get this
    http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?p=7388

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Lol, Truth,

He lives in my gaff now..no real bird

Just two 30 year old twins playing street fighter together and growing old together

p_2506433.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

DO THIS! Donovan Myers has written up the exact measurments and raw materials required to build a replica Vewlix cab. Info here and here and here.

There are other similar threads on SRK, here and here

Translucent blue Chun-Li stick available (for people with mad money)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Translucent blue Chun-Li stick available (for people with mad money)

Nobody should take advice from a man who gets rid of a dual modded Virtua Stick ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Did you sell the vshg?

Hmmm, that chun li stick is not nice.

animaX wrote: »
    Nobody should take advice from a man who gets rid of a dual modded Virtua Stick ;)
    IMHO, Seimitsu sticks > Sanwa JLF.

Some call me mad. But I *know* I am :pac:

• Advertisement

What did you swap it for, a TE?

I take it seimitsu doesn't fit in the VSHG?

He traded it for my xbox TE which is pretty much unused save for a couple of tournaments.

Personally I couldn't be happier.

Yeah, I had an LS-32-01 lying around and personally there's just something about the JLF that doesn't sit right with me.
    Also now I can put anime boobies on it without everyone complaining :3

th_MyTE.jpg
    (work in progress)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Yeah, I had an LS-32-01 lying around and personally there's just something about the JLF that doesn't sit right with me.
    Also now I can put anime boobies on it without everyone complaining :3

th_MyTE.jpg
    (work in progress)

Why seven buttons?

Why seven buttons?

It's the way japanese viewlix machines are.

Hi Guys.

Hope it's ok to post this here, seems to be one of the only recent threads with people looking for sticks/controllers.

I've got an absolutely mint condition XBOX 360 Madcatz Tournament Edition Stick i never use, virtually brand new. It's the first edition, the red and black one, released for Vanilla SF4. I've still got the box, and all the bits and bobs. I play much better on my fightpad, and the stick is just gathering dust, so i've decided to get shut of it. If anyone's interested i'll take 100 euro for it, and deliver in the dublin area. I'll also throw in an octo gate, bat top & adaptor, and 2x button blanks, in case anyone wants to mod it.

I also have a PS3 Madcatz fightpad (the Ken one) + wireless dongle i never use. Bought it for HD remix before i realised the PSN version of that was terrible. Still have the plastic packaging, although i had to cut it open on the edges to unbox it. Will deliver to dublin area for 20 euro or happy to arrange a swop for the 360 wired version instead provided it's in good nick, particularly the D-Pad. Any artwork on it will do, i'm not fussy, but any of the shotos or bison would be great. My primary ryu pad is starting to get a bit battered looking from over-use, so i just want to line up a spare for when it gives up the ghost before they go off the market.

Both stick and pad are absolutely mint condition, practically new, used very little, and are exactly as they left the factory. If anybody's interested in a sale or swop, send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

Just thought I'd mention that I have stick for sale on adverts, if anybody's interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=286735

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I might be interested in taking that stick off ya mate.... you willing to trade or looking for cash only?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

Hi, ramza. Looking for cash, ideally.

• Advertisement

I was also considering getting a second stick for my ps2, just to have two to play with. Out of curiosity, what exactly was the mod? You put in a ps1 pcb? What pcb did it originally have?

Having said that, i'm probably not going to make an offer, just curious! However, if i get a job soon.....:)

Advertisement