Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hot swapping

• 03-05-2009 4:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I'm getting sense errors on a drive in a hot-swappable 4-disk raid 5 setup. The LED for the drive has changed from green to flashing orange.

The raid is still fully intact though, all 4 drives reported as good. Just to be sure (x 1million), there wouldn't be any problem doing a hot swap on a healthy raid, would there? I have a spare handy so I thought I would swap out the drives before looking at anything else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭tech

no hassle at all, Just remove and inset new disk . Have you got Raid Management software on your system to see the status of the disks??

If so you will see that this has bene marked faulty/ failed.

Also you will be able to see your rebuild status once you insert the new disk

what make server is this in?

HP/ Dell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 technobreed

eman66 wrote: »
    The LED for the drive has changed from green to flashing orange.

This doesnot necessarily mean a problematic disk. RAID controller may be updating the raid configuration on that particular drive.

Anyway, to be on safer side. Replacing with a new disk is always advisable.

Advertisement