Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basshunter and Special D. in UL

• 03-05-2009 5:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Basshunter and Special D played in UL yesterday. I've seen a surprising lack of promotion for the event around campus, considering the status of the acts. Over 2000 people turned up to the event.

I donned my An Focal / Review hoodie and went down asking for an interview. Got chatting to James Hyland, the owner of MIG Live (the promotion company) and he was more than happy to help, giving me a crew pass and showing me backstage.

The Gig was really well organised, loads of security, water in cups for the crowd, chairs around the sides for people to sit down, carpet on the floor, well kitted rehearsal rooms, a flawless production and a great buzz.

I interviewed Basshunter and Special D., sticking the transcripts up on my blog (Basshunter, Special D.). Audio of the interviews is up on Skynet too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

was it not an underage gig? from the looks of the queue it was an under 18 gig and i imagine that is why it was not promoted towards the students

could be wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

heard that there was a lot of neon...and 15 'casualties' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya the only advetising I seen for this event wasn't even in UL, it was on like live95fm drinf the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

id say it was young and scummy?plenty of neon and "souped up cars"

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Was down around the back of the arena and there were girls passed out from whatever but from what i saw there were security and medics getting them sorted. It must be noted though that this was an underage gig and as such no alcohol was sold so no one is responsible but themselves for their actions.

Yes, there was alot of neon alrite, but that all goes hand in hand with that kinda music.

• Advertisement
Advertisement