Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Newcastle Match Thread. 03/05/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

joe123 wrote: »
    Brilliant. Kuyt made up for that earlier header! God if only we played teams like this all season.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

This bad even for Toon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This bad even for Toon.

much better than the pompey display thou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

mike65 wrote: »
    A 3-2 Newcastle win?

No Mike, the inevitable like !

ferguson_21444a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

A sunderland and hull win and it will be all over for Newcastle is they are playing like this.

redout wrote: »
    No Mike, the inevitable like !

ferguson_21444a.jpg

redout

stop it ok

the league isnt over

this is soccer we're talking about anything is possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Newky

downarrow.jpg

Sorry Chaz :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FFS Liverpool own the refs. I cant believe it. That was offside. Joke. Luckypool as usual.

blah blah blah

ffs.

let it go.

fans get passionate, and pi$$ed at bad decisions, and sometimes irrational comments. it's what football fans do all the time.

the only reason utd fans aren't battering down this thread with a ton of 'f***ing ref' messages after that is because the title is completely in your hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Kuyt 2-0

newcastle look condemmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

SlickRic wrote: »
    ffs.

let it go.

fans get passionate, and pi$$ed at bad decisions, and sometimes irrational comments. it's what football fans do all the time.

the only reason utd fans aren't battering down this thread with a ton of 'f***ing ref' messages after that is because the title is completely in your hands.

I think he was being sarcastic by going on like most of the ABU's were last week about the penalty. ;)

• Advertisement

John Giles wrote: »
    redout

stop it ok

the league isnt over

this is soccer we're talking about anything is possible

Who the hell are you ?

Is that Headshot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Xabi! So nearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Alonso so close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

I was about to say that Viduka couldn't finish his dinner but he doesn't look like he's short of a few meals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

What an effort from Xabi. Hope to god he isnt sold this summer.

I think he was being sarcastic by going on like most of the ABU's were last week about the penalty. ;)

i know.

i'm just saying there's no need to keep bringing it up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Get this wrapped up and give me my money.

ffs.

let it go.

No, its ridiculous. The only reason liverpool are in contention is that they have the refs bought.

Happens all the time. They have played nearly a quarter of their games against 10 men at some stage sure. Joke.

Its no wonder Newcastle are heading down.

Awful defending

Owen on the bench !

Has Shearer won a game yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Saw a replay of the first goal looked like he could've been onside, like the ball was played square?

Maybe not judging by what the views are on here, I'll have to watch it again.

Unlikely to have changed the game though judging by the way its going.

That Liverpool -2 bet is looking good RasTa

No, its ridiculous. The only reason liverpool are in contention is that they have the refs bought.

Happens all the time. They have played nearly a quarter of their games against 10 men at some stage sure. Joke.

;)

Shhh people might think that this place was slowly but surely turning into RAWK. ;):D

redout wrote: »
    Who the hell are you ?

Is that Headshot.

it is

just saying ill only celebrate when its mathematically impossible for pool to catch us

Danial Agger.... what a shot. I can't believe that chap is a centre half

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Never before has someone made a post that causes them to live up to their forum nickname so much as this :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Nah Im clearly joking but hopefully people realise that these things even out.

AND it was a tight offside anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Oh your such a silly billy.

Anyone got any other streams the two mentioned keep freezing.

It's a shame he didn't give Nemeth a run because Torres was injured

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'm not a fan of the pool but there is absolutely no merit in that statement whatsoever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any more streams please folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Will Shearer get to keep the job after these awful performances.

The streams are choppy at times, still there are about 12000 watching so not a surprise. Anyway a decent half, slow start for Pool but Newcastles possession largely flattered to deceive. Another goal should wrap it up.

Another thing, why do teams keep standing off Agger when he gets into their half, don't they know whats coming?

Of course he will. If they go down they'll blame it on Kinnear. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Pity nemeth isn't on the bench, might good for him to get a run out later if we are still leading

I'm not a fan of the pool but there is absolutely no merit in that statement whatsoever.

Well its a fact now in fairness.

Nah Im clearly joking but hopefully people realise that these things even out.

i'm not getting into a big thing.

but things don't necessarily even out over a season. that's a fallacy. that's not a dig at anything, or a dig to say utd don't deserve to be in the position they're in. it's just a general point on the phrase 'things always even out'.

it's a phrase plucked out of thin air that makes everything seem ok because eveything must surely always even out.

they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

He may or not, but to be fair the club was in a mess long before he took over, and it was asking alot for him to turn it all around in a few weeks.

Facht Shirley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Of course he will. If they go down they'll blame it on Mike Ashley and rightly so.
    FYP

i'm not getting into a big thing.

but things don't necessarily even out over a season. that's a fallacy. that's not a dig at anything, or a dig to say utd don't deserve to be in the position they're in. it's just a general point on the phrase 'things always even out'.

it's a phrase plucked out of thin air that makes everything seem ok because eveything must surely even out.

things do not always even out.

Ah come on,over a big enough sample of tight decisions they will even out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Stream went dead for me on both goals :(

Need a new one. I had no problems with the fight last night.

Beats paying those Setanta crowd any day.

John Giles wrote: »
    it is

just saying ill only celebrate when its mathematically impossible for pool to catch us

Thats fine man.

I am just being realistic though.

The odds are overwhelmingly with us and I dont perceive Pool as being close.

Barca have a 7pt lead with 4 games left and are perceived as champions-elect even though Real just attained 52pts from their previous 54. We have a 6pt lead with 4 games left so I dont see why we shouldnt be perceived as champions-elect. I know it, the bookies know it as do most Pool fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Sopcast stream working for me - sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/74719

Ah come on,over a big enough sample of tight decisions they will even out.

again, you're just assuming that. i wish we had the stats.

the idea, rationally, that all tight decisions must surely even themselves out perfectly over a season, simply because they must, is just madness IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Channel - 74719 on Sopcast has been perfect for me so far, not a hint of lag.

can also get it by clicking the fox soccer channel here; http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=37521&part=sports though the feed itself is from Setanta

Any chance the Utd willie waving can be played out on their own thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

they were just talkin to the ref, apparantly he asked them if it was offside and they said it looked marginally off yes. Would not be surprised to see a soft penalty to Newcastle in the second half to 'even it up'

again, you're just assuming that. i wish we had the stats.

the idea, rationally, that all tight decisions must surely even themselves out perfectly over a season, simply because they must, is just madness IMO.

Well if the probability of a decision is "50/50" or "60/40 or less" i.e. tight. Then over a large sample of decisions they will even out eventually. Thats also a fact.

Whether there are enough decisions in a season to offset the variance is debatable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can someone recommend a stream to me ? Im just in the door...

• Advertisement

http://www.iraqgoals.net/game31.html

Treble subs for Newkie.

Advertisement