Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Newcastle Match Thread. 03/05/09

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

5starpool wrote: »
    The pic above shows it really. The defender is leaning away from goal, Yossi is leaning towards goal. He is offside imo, but not by much, never mind "2 yards".

In this case what the defender is doing doesn't matter, the thing he needs to be in line with or behind is the ball. He looks very very closely in line with the ball, but probably very slightly off.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

we need more banging head off wall pics in here pronto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Here's the MOTD highlights
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2467741/

Stupid tackle by Barton

Pool fans were singin "you should have stayed on the telly" to Shearer, and he couldn't hold in a smile :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thats the first chance I've got to see any of the match (missed motd).

I havnt jumped on the villify Joey Barton bandwagon before and after seeign that I certainly wont be doing it his time. It was a stupid place to be tackling like that, only beuse of where it as though, there just wasnt a need.

I dont think anyone could accuse barton of not tring an Id put it down to getting frustratated at the position Newcastle are in and not engaging his brain for a few seconds.

If it wasn Barton thered be plenty of people on saying similar and thered be none of this scumbag rubbish being spouted. It wasnt even that bad a tackle. Any damage that was done was in the way Alonso went down, getting twisted, not from the impact.

Yellow at best for me.

As for the match itself. Good solid win. Dont think we can look at things like the 3 shots hitting the crossbar as missed chances. You can only be so accurate with those shots, the rest comes down to luck of it going in or hitting the bar, the margin for error is so small.

Delighted with Dirk's contribution as usual. The small things that a lot of people dismiss do it for me, like being the only player reacting (from either team) to the long shots and being right in on the keeper waiting for loose balls. It's that workrate that makes him so important.

Newcastle are in trouble, but I think a win against Boro(absolutely win or bust game) and another point will see them safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A yellow for your spelling too! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've been watching highlights for ages now of this match. Third goal really sums up how absolutely crap and hopeless we are. We can't defend like that. No fighting spirit. As soon as the first goal went in we should have been right back at them. Just seems that our players are very content to just try and defend all the time. Only problem is we can't even do that right.

Advertisement