Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central heating system springing leaks all over the place

Options
  • 03-05-2009 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I've got numerous leaks in my central heating system (pipes under the screed are bursting) and I've had to take up ruined wooden floors in a few rooms. When the first leak occured, I took care of this myself but now its happening all over the place and I've decided to make my first ever claim on my house insurance (i.e. in 16 years of paying for insurance). However, the insurance company is being difficult to say the least. I've rang a couple of loss adjusters but they weren't very helpful and were "too busy" to take me on at the moment. Can anyone recommend a good loss adjuster to assess the damage and help me in my dealings with the insurance company (pm please).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi Dave. I remember you were looking for assistance in the past for this problem.
    Do you know why the pipes are splitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Hi Dave. I remember you were looking for assistance in the past for this problem.

I think our poor misfortunate Dave had Jim Henson's Plumbers in!

Sorry for your troubles there Dave, you are due a break sometime soon...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

10-10-20 wrote: »

Simply put, because the plumber was an effing eejit who hadn't a clue what the hell he was doing :mad:. My woes with this house are many (blockwork, uneven floors, electrics etc) but the plumbing is the worst by far. IMO he used the cheapest materials possible - push fits that literally blew apart from the pressurised water pump system I have - which I could replace myself with proper compression fittings.

Its the leaks now evident under the concrete floor that will cost a fortune to fix as they may be leaking under the kitchen (where there is a run of about 8 pipes from the living area to the hotpress the far side of the kitchen) and flowing to where I can see the damp patch in the hallway adjacent to the kitchen. This may then involve taking the wife's custom, hand built kitchen apart (€25k worth), ripping up tiles etc. Thats why I want to get a good loss assessor in as I don't want to rely on the insurance company's loss adjuster offering me a sum where I'll have to make up the shortfall.

Oh and Jim Henson wouldn't have allowed my builder and his subbies to sully the names of the other muppets.

Advertisement