Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Omnia on Meteor

• 03-05-2009 10:54am

Hi all,

Was thinking about buying the Samsung Omnia (http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i900_omnia-2422.php) off Ebay and was wondering whether anyone had used it on Meteor's network yet?

I presume there wouldn't be any problems using it on Meteor, just hoping to double-check before purchasing (bit pricey)?

Thanks for any feedback, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

as you suspect, there should be no issues with it. sure we're supposed to have it on sale in the next few weeks

Cheers, that's good to hear.

I get frustrated with Meteor at times, they always seem to have a poor selection for pre-paid phones, this looks like a great phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

I've had one on Meteor since October, no problems. My main advice is to get SPB mobile shell (V3 out now), makes a great phone a lot better - much better interface than the standard Samsung/Windows one.

Refer to this thread for details on setting up MMS and ISP stuff. I think you may need to modify it slightly - everywhere it says isp.mymeteor.ie you should use 'data.mymeteor.ie'.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭squareboy007

looks like a great phone. are meteor bringing out any other phones soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

6ix wrote: »
    I've had one on Meteor since October, no problems. My main advice is to get SPB mobile shell (V3 out now), makes a great phone a lot better - much better interface than the standard Samsung/Windows one.

Refer to this thread for details on setting up MMS and ISP stuff. I think you may need to modify it slightly - everywhere it says isp.mymeteor.ie you should use 'data.mymeteor.ie'.

Good luck.

Alternatively, the FAQs have all the settings the OP should require.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 keeluz

The Omnia is out a long time. If it's not on Meteor by now, it never will be. Wouldn't rate it anyway. The LG Arena's coming soon to Meteor (have an ad for it in their mag)...looks pretty cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got mine at the end of June and I'm still loving it. If your not use to touch screens your in for a steep learning curve however.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll keep a note of those settings.

Just saw now that the Omnia HD may be coming out in June, looks very nifty, wonder would I be better off waiting for that (although it'll probably cost a ridiculous amount)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Dont know if this makes any odds to you but I dont think the HD one runs on the windows OS.

Have to say using the windows/PDA parts even if you turned the phone part off is very handy.

Advertisement