Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy flight/ferry to Edinburgh 22nd May

Options
  • 03-05-2009 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi
    If any Munster supporters have decided not to travel to Edinburgh for the final after yesterdays devastating loss, I wonder if you would consider selling me your travel tickets? I am desperately trying to get to my home town of Edinburgh from Munster for my best friends wedding on the 23rd May.

Obviously cancelling your flight is not an option as you will not get your money back but names on tickets can be changed and I would be willing to purchase tickets for flight or ferry for the following dates:
    22nd -25th May- I need tickets for 2 people. Either flying from Shannon or Cork to Glasgow or Edinburgh, or Ferry from Belfast/Larne to Scotland on the Friday and returning on the Monday.

If anybody would be interested in off loading flights and getting your money back please let me know.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 jancav

I've another option for you. I'll be driving from Stansted up to Edinburgh on 22nd, leaving Stansted v early though, 8amish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

jancav wrote: »
    I've another option for you. I'll be driving from Stansted up to Edinburgh on 22nd, leaving Stansted v early though, 8amish
    You'll be knackard :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 jancav

done it before - and it's worth it! next week I'm driving from Dijon in France to Cherbourg, so I'll be in training :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Given that Ryanair will begin to rip everyone off with their lovely price hikes off the top of my head I can suggest the following airports which are a few hours within range.

Glasgow,
    Liverpool,
    Birmingham

B-ham and and Liverpool are pretty cheap if you book in advance. If you book the train now you'll get it for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

For Ireland Scotland we flew into Newcastle, and got the train into Edinburgh, and it was grand..

The train system in the UK is good, so don't be afraid to fly somewhere far away, and get the train..

I booked my flights, hotels and tickets ages ago as I go most years, regardless of who is in the final, as its always a great weekend on the p1ss - But this is simply aamzing, GET IN THERE :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

besides Ryanair into Newcastle & Aerlingus into Glasgow, are therea ny other options for flying in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NENAGH ORMOND

SAD MUNSTER SUPPORTER WILL SELL TWO RYANAIR FLIGHTS TO EDINBURGH FROM SHANNON THURSDAY EVENING 21.5.09 - I THINK COST €42 IN TOTAL PLUS COST TO CHANGE.

I HAVE ALSO RTN FLIGHTS FROM MANCHESTER TO SHANNON SUNDAY NIGHT 24TH IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE I THINK AROUND €80 IN TOTAL PLUS COST TO CHANGE.

COME ON LEINSTER

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

SAD MUNSTER SUPPORTER WILL SELL TWO RYANAIR FLIGHTS TO EDINBURGH FROM SHANNON THURSDAY EVENING 21.5.09 - I THINK COST €42 IN TOTAL PLUS COST TO CHANGE.

I HAVE ALSO RTN FLIGHTS FROM MANCHESTER TO SHANNON SUNDAY NIGHT 24TH IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE I THINK AROUND €80 IN TOTAL PLUS COST TO CHANGE.

COME ON LEINSTER

Why would'nt you go to the game anyway.it'll be a cracker and Edinburgh is fantastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

brian1976 wrote: »
    besides Ryanair into Newcastle & Aerlingus into Glasgow, are therea ny other options for flying in?

Ryanair to Durham Tees Valley, Leeds-Bradford or even fly Ryanair Dublin-Bournmouth, Bournmouth-Edinburgh.
    Think Air Arran fly to Aberdeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

From what I can see flights etc is not the problem it is accomadation that is few and far between.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    From what I can see flights etc is not the problem it is accomadation that is few and far between.

And tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

Guys I booked accommodation about 3 weeks ago but it took me nearly 3 weeks to find a place. You'll have to look outside of Edinburgh.
    There is a marathon or something on that week also and athletes are coming in early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Managed to get coach, ferry and accomodation just outside Edinburgh for €350 with Marathon Travel. Its not the cheapest but sure it will have to do. Now to find tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

toomevara wrote: »
    Why would'nt you go to the game anyway.it'll be a cracker and Edinburgh is fantastic?

Be cool if a few Leinster supporters got to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

I am flying to Aberdeen for 300 euro with a mate and then staying with some friends. Not sure how we'll get to Edinburgh, car hire or train.
    I just have to get match tickets now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

Ferry to Holyhead on Friday night and back on Sunday afternoon - its only a 6hr drive... sleep in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭aubreym

FLIGHT DETAILS

RE 473
    Cork 22-May-2009 1145
    Glasgow Prestwick 22-May-2009 1315

RE 474
    Glasgow Prestwick 25-May-2009 1340
    Cork 25-May-2009 1510

cost price 135 euro. face value.

I checked with Aer Arann & it will cost 40 euro to change the name,

PM me if interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

FERRY AVAILABLE FOR FINAL

I have a standard car and ferry for 4 available. Its booked in my name and the names can be changed for free.

The ferry is out friday at 5pm from belfast and back sunday getting to belfast about 4pm

The Cost is €440. If you want to add another passanger i think it will cost 30 each way or so. but you can do that after.

If someone is taking this they need to have it sorted with my by 6pm today, im not looking for maybes cause i can cancel it by 7pm today and get a full refund.

I might have 2 twin hotel rooms as well that the person who takes the ferry has first choice on

PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 28 peppee1

I have flights available with Aer Lingus to Glasgow on the Friday 22 May 09.30 a.m. for 2 people.

Dep Dublin 22 May 9.30 a.m
    ARR Glasgow 22 May 10.25 a.m.

Total cost of flight for 2 people is €211.20.

It will cost €100 per person for the name change.Will sell face value + name change if anybody is interested?

Also I have flights from Glasgow to Shannon on Sun 24 May 18.20 for 2 people with RyanAir.

Total cost €180 for 2 people + €100 per person for the name change also.
    Again face value + name change.

Pls PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

Have you looked on Aerlingus from Cork its €280.00 return not bad for a flight...

• Advertisement
Advertisement