Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo - Real move is definitely off, but then probably on!?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Highsider wrote: »
    Grow up. Telling people to "piss off" on line. What age are you? Five.
    Reported

Maybe if you could actually back up your posts and be able to argue for them you would get treated like an adult. However since you couldn't do that I treated you like a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And it starts....

If you've nothing constructive to say don't say it. If you're reporting a post then there's no need to tell every man and his dog that you've done so.

Basically cop the fuck on and quit antagonising each other.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I hope Real Madrid buy him. This presidential election coming up means that it's the big stars that will get votes, whereas that's definitely not what Real Madrid need.

Fabio Can is gone after this season, whether that means he'll be playing for someone else, or just an old man who becomes another Salgado. The midfield still lacks something, I know they have Guti, Lass, Diarra, Sneijder, Van Der Vaart, and Gago, but they are missing a Xavi/ Fabregas style player.... They should be looking for some top quality defenders, particularly left sided, and a world class creative midfielder.

They also have enough whiney primadonnas in the team with the likes of Robben, Guti, and Pepe. Ronaldo will only add to an already somewhat disorientated team.

Also, Higuain is going to grow tired of not knowing where he stands in the team, he is fantastic, but has been dropped (or relegated to the wings, a place Ronaldo will be playing next season) recently everytime Hunter has been up for it. And as Van Nistelrooy will be back next season, it'll be interesting to see how Nistelrooy, Huntelaar, Raul and Higuain will all fight out for essentially 1 place. (or 2, if they want want to completely ruin their midfield)

So either way, I wouldn't mind seeing the fake one line up against Barca next year. Barca'll have Ribery and Messi.... :pac::pac: This is more of a revenue move or a statement of intent by Madrid, because Ronaldo, as good as he is, is not what Madrid need right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I would be very suprised if Ronaldo thinks going to the Madrid Circus would be better for his career than getting every last bit of Sir Alex while he can.

If he wants to go, thanks for the memories and good luck, no hard feelings.

If he wants to stay, great, we know who our top goalscorer will be for another year.

Its really not that big a deal, and all this media frenzy shouldnt be made of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Balague announced this a month or so back aswell I think...

Usually a good sign the opposite will happen.

Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I would be very suprised if Ronaldo thinks going to the Madrid Circus would be better for his career than getting every last bit of Sir Alex while he can

its been quite clear that he has thought this for quite a while tbh, even SAF admitted his head has been turned.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I would be very suprised if Ronaldo thinks going to the Madrid Circus would be better for his career than getting every last bit of Sir Alex while he can

In 10 years time, you end up being signed for Madrid, win 2 Liga titles, a CL and are voted WPOTY. You find out Man Utd really want to sign you... What do you do?

That's Ronaldo's position, and I think people forget that sometimes. Madrid are his boyhood club, the club he admired the most, and dreamt about playing there. Sure, they may not be the heavyweights they were 10 years ago, but they are still the club he grew up loving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Iang87 wrote: »
    go get ashley young for 30 million

lol
    Iang87 wrote: »
    they'd get more consistency anyway from young.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Mr Alan wrote: »
    haven't they won la liga the last two years? and challenging again this year?

exactly :rolleyes:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

£75 million i think is an offer man united would have trouble rejecting... for people sayin why would he go to real madrid it is his boyhood dream he has said since he got to united that he's always dreamt of playing for real madrid..

I still find it hard to believe that article to be honest i don't think he's going to leave until alex ferguson does, but if we are offered that amount for him i think its a win win for united..if he stays great we have an excellent player who you're not going to get better then reallly and if he does go we have £75 million in the kitty you could buy 3 quality players with...

personally i'd like him to stay, but that all depends on if this becomes a big deal liek last year and how he reacts this year i have a feeling he might have a total different reaction this year compared to last..i think he's grown up a bit and i think he'll keep his mouth shut(well at least i hope, if it drags on like last year ill go over and pack his bags myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

United star turns his back on Madrid

Cristiano Ronaldo has delivered Manchester United a huge boost by declaring a move to Real Madrid is no longer in his thoughts.
    Real Madrid made huge efforts to sign Ronaldo last summer and the player himself refused to rule out the move, admitting his dream was to one day move to Spain.

Sir Alex Ferguson stood firm and made sure Ronaldo did not leave United, and he has once again helped the club to the brink of another Premier League title.

However, the rumours of a Real move for the World Player of the Year have refused to go away with former Madrid president Antonio Calderon intimating a deal was already in place for this summer.
    But now Ronaldo has come out and stressed that he is no longer thinking about a 'dream' move to the Santiago Bernabeu.

"I'm no longer thinking of Madrid. That dream is dead," he told The People.
    "The only thing I dream about now is Manchester United and winning the Champions League again in Rome."

Ronaldo has three years left on his current deal after he penned a five-year deal in 2007.

About time and better late than never if you ask me. I'd say when he seen Reals results against Liverpool and last night against Barca, he can see that they are just crap and a club that is in a mess. Fair enough, they were challenging for the title but still, that league isn't the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It will be back on when Fergie leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ronaldo to Newcastle!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

we've spoken already about this in the utd thread (was there a need for a new thread)

Wouldn't blame him after last nights performance by the blancos... He probably wants to come to Barcelona now.. :pac::pac::pac:

HALA MADRID!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

eZe^ wrote: »
    Wouldn't blame him after last nights performance by the blancos... He probably wants to come to Barcelona now.. :pac::pac::pac:

BARCA BARCA :) Great game who in their right mind would play for Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

hehe, Ronlado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    hehe, Ronlado

I didn't want to be the one to point it out. Or admit giggling at it :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

As bad as Barca's last season in the same fixture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

couldnt see him being happy warming the bench!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

When people say "about time" do they not realise this is the same thing he's been saying all year?

Must be a slow day...

lordgoat wrote: »
    As bad as Barca's last season in the same fixture?

Real had previously won 16 of their past 17 games, with the other game being a draw. That 52 points from 54... Barca went to the Bernabeu and put 6 goals past them. If you can't see how that's different to last season then what can I do?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Real had previously won 16 of their past 17 games, with the other game being a draw. That 52 points from 54... Barca went to the Bernabeu and put 6 goals past them. If you can't see how that's different to last season then what can I do?

Quoting form and it a derby match = no no.

My point is last season in that match barca were shockingly bad. This season real were equally poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Am i the only one who thinks Barca is a real possibility? they are probably going to be looking for a replacement for Eto'o this summer, and Ronaldo's personality is slowly growing bigger than the team's (similar to what happened with Beckham imo), i can't see Fergy putting up with him much longer. Ronaldo would be an ideal front man for Barca, pacy, excellent technique, good finisher, and very fluid in his movement to overlap with Messi and Thierry...

who else out there could really replace Eto'o anyway? they surely wouldn't just stick with Bojan?

Am i the only one who thinks Barca is a real possibility? they are probably going to be looking for a replacement for Eto'o this summer, and Ronaldo's personality is slowly growing bigger than the team's (similar to what happened with Beckham imo), i can't see Fergy putting up with him much longer. Ronaldo would be an ideal front man for Barca, pacy, excellent technique, good finisher, and very fluid in his movement to overlap with Messi and Thierry...

who else out there could really replace Eto'o anyway? they surely wouldn't just stick with Bojan?

He'll be a United player next season - end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

If he does go it'll be villa who replaces him

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Real had previously won 16 of their past 17 games, with the other game being a draw. That 52 points from 54...

Not unless you're awarding rugby-style win bonuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

who else out there could really replace Eto'o anyway?
    It's far from certain that they'll have to replace him - I'd say Eto'o will still be at Barca next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Can't see him at United next season. His heart is set on Madrid and at the end of the day player power rules the day in football. They deserve each other imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

getting sick of all this.

hey cristiano - guess wat. we actually dont care that much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

lol, its true, its almost as if any time all the fuss dies down about it, he intentionally stirs it up again, anyone would think he was a vain little ego-maniac! :rolleyes:

Can't see him at United next season. His heart is set on Madrid and at the end of the day player power rules the day in football.

Man you're actually fully deluded.

Last summer he came out and said "I want to go to Real Madrid".

Player power did fúck all then since he's the Premiership's top scorer this season for Manchester United after being told to shut up and do his job.

He's been saying all season that he no longer wants to go to Madrid and you still think that they'll get him this summer?

Do you have any logic behind the things you say at all? Even a small bit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Can't see him at United next season. His heart is set on Madrid and at the end of the day player power rules the day in football. They deserve each other imo.
    Any player with there hearts set on Madrid are either 32 or really foolish.

Really stupid move if he did go there, surely he realises that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Maybe he finally realised it after seeing Barca thump them? Real need 2 years of heavy work to deal with the problems in their squad imo if they ever want to challenge for the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ronaldo after Fergie told him he cant move to Madrid

testwkk.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

keane2097 wrote: »
    Man you're actually fully deluded.

Last summer he came out and said "I want to go to Real Madrid".

Player power did fúck all then since he's the Premiership's top scorer this season for Manchester United after being told to shut up and do his job.

He's been saying all season that he no longer wants to go to Madrid and you still think that they'll get him this summer?

Do you have any logic behind the things you say at all? Even a small bit?
    Now now. Don't go getting all wound up because of the internet.:pac: Ronaldo's childhood team where Madrid and he has said it would be " a dream" to play for them. So no there is "no logic" to anything i say....ever:rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Did the elections for the new Real Madrid president take place yet? If not then I would expect this to be back on the agenda sometime in June although I wish it wasn't. Sick of hearing about it tbh, but I do wish he would just leave the premier league.

5starpool wrote: »
    Did the elections for the new Real Madrid president take place yet? If not then I would expect this to be back on the agenda sometime in June although I wish it wasn't. Sick of hearing about it tbh, but I do wish he would just leave the premier league.

:rolleyes:

suppose is the only way liverpool will ever win the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just f*ck off to La Liga, Ronaldo. Just f*ck off. You're the biggest piece of sh!t to play the game.
    His latest rant against Arsenal were he dived and then had an infant fit when the ref wouldn't do a Howard Webb was excruciantly embarrassing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

keane2097 wrote: »
    He'll be a United player next season - end of.

Ronaldo to Man City in a shocking move !!! €100Million (5yr deal)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Headshot wrote: »

1 man team are ye?

Big of you to admit it.

5starpool wrote: »
    1 man team are ye?

Big of you to admit it.

lolz

1 man team thats funny,utd have never and will never be a 1 man team unlike pool who in the past have been a 1 man team but this season ye have progress but I still like to see pool without gerrard for a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

fishing-buy-reels.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lolz

1 man team thats funny,utd have never and will never be a 1 man team unlike pool who in the past have been a 1 man team but this season ye have progress but I still like to see pool without gerrard for a month

Liverpool 2 - 1 Man Utd
    PSV 1 - 3 Liverpool
    Portsmouth 2 - 3 Liverpool
    Liverpool 4 - 0 Blackburn
    Hull City 1 - 3 Liverpool

Some games without Steven Gerrard from this season. Maybe a month's worth of games aswell fwiw. :rolleyes:

Gentlemen, if there is anything to be said about Mr. Ronaldo this thread is the space for it. Liverpool F.C. will be roundly off topic here, unless someone wishes to suggest he may be transferred there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Jesus, does every bloody thread here have to be hijacked by petty Pool - Man U mud-slinging?

Anyway, I wouldn't be as confident as some Man U fans on here about the prospect of Ronaldo leaving. A lot can happen in a summer, and judging from last season and him being iffy about his future, I'd say he'll leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Anyway, I wouldn't be as confident as some Man U fans on here about the prospect of Ronaldo leaving. A lot can happen in a summer, and judging from last season and him being iffy about his future, I'd say he'll leave.

More chance of him signing a new contract IMO. Tevez is about 60/40 at the moment, no way Ferguson will dismantle the team anymore, if you think that your dillusional.

Jesus, does every bloody thread here have to be hijacked by petty Pool - Man U mud-slinging?

I know what your talking about

idk ill be very confident of him staying, as long as fergie's there Ronaldo will be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Boggles wrote: »
    More chance of him signing a new contract IMO. Tevez is about 60/40 at the moment, no way Ferguson will dismantle the team anymore, if you think that your dillusional.

You can't force a player to sign a contract, if he wants out he'll go. If they pocket, what 40m (conservative estimate), you'd imagine most of that would go in replacing him with one or more players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

monkey9 wrote: »
    Just f*ck off to La Liga, Ronaldo. Just f*ck off. You're the biggest piece of sh!t to play the game.
    His latest rant against Arsenal were he dived and then had an infant fit when the ref wouldn't do a Howard Webb was excruciantly embarrassing!!

That post was 'excruciantly embarrassing' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You can't force a player to sign a contract, if he wants out he'll go. If they pocket, what 40m (conservative estimate), you'd imagine most of that would go in replacing him with one or more players.

When was the last time Ferguson let one of his top players go that he wasn't finished with?

Ronaldo has 3 years left in his contract, United don't have to force him to do anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement