Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting time for a bike test?

• 03-05-2009 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Remember reading somewhere before that the testing centres do bike tests in blocks and that the waiting times on the RSA website are only relevant for those doing car tests.
    But has anyone any ideas of an approx waiting time for a bike test at any centre in Dublin or surrounding counties?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭richiet

10 month wait for Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

richiet wrote: »
    10 month wait for Tallaght.

Sorry mate, have to call BS on this. I applied last month, have my test on the 12th of may. Didn't call, pester them or anything similar. Got my receipt of payment, and then my test date the week after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Its around 3 months in Limerick anyway. Cant see it being more than 6 months in most test centres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Sorry mate, have to call BS on this. I applied last month, have my test on the 12th of may. Didn't call, pester them or anything similar. Got my receipt of payment, and then my test date the week after.

Think u got lucky mate.. I waited 7 months for my test, did it last week... U might be luck n get a cancelation. I applied as soon as I got my prov, when u apply online u can say when you can do the test so I just put in 6 months from the start of my prov..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

sounds like you were the exception there tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Not so sure. My instructor wasn't suprised when I told him, and he has recommeneded tallaght as having a shorter waiting list. Maybe they've just cleared through the backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

I waited less then 3 weeks in waterford.

My dad applied about 3 weeks ago to and he had his test last friday.

No funny business, or pestering, thats the way it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

If I ring up the various test centres will they tell me how long the waiting list is or are they not allowed to give out that information ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

Not so sure. My instructor wasn't suprised when I told him, and he has recommeneded tallaght as having a shorter waiting list. Maybe they've just cleared through the backlog.

cant remember exactly, but twas approx 8 months first time round raheny, then 10 second time round in finglas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

Ring the RSA and ask for ask for testing department. Be very polite and ask them the same questions you ask here, if you get the right person you will get all the info you need. It worked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Funny I applied for Tallagh in October and besides the letter saying they have received payment, I'm still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭383Ger

On the official RSA website you can look up the average waiting time and the success rate of each test centre in the driving test section, left hand side. I did my bike test a year and a half ago and went for the shortest wait and the highest pass rate (at the time it was Tuam). Went down to Tuam the morning of...did a local lesson to familiarise myself and passed no problem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

383Ger wrote: »
    On the official RSA website you can look up the average waiting time and the success rate of each test centre in the driving test section, left hand side. I did my bike test a year and a half ago and went for the shortest wait and the highest pass rate (at the time it was Tuam). Went down to Tuam the morning of...did a local lesson to familiarise myself and passed no problem...
    http://www.drivingtest.ie/drivingtest/EnglishStats.pdf

Theres the test centres and the pass rates / waiting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

I applied for my test in mid-October last year and got it for the 24th of April (two weeks ago) which backs up the six/seven month figure.

Of course the tester pulled a sickie on the day so I'm back in the list again..... :mad:

Advertisement