Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Puraflow wastewater treatment sustem - pump problem

• 03-05-2009 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

The pump on my puraflow system (which is about 12 years old now) is operating continuously. I'm sure the fault lies with the cut off switch attached to the float in the pump chamber but I can't find out where this switch would be.

I had the septic tank emptied last week but when I checked a few days later, the sewers were backed up already so I had a look in the pump chamber and it was full. Then I checked the circuit breaker for the puraflow system and it was in the off position. I don't know what tripped it but when I reset the breaker, the pump immediately kicked in and emptied the wastewater from the chamber. However, I was doing some work in the garden yesterday and noticed that the pump was operating continuously for over an hour. I checked the chamber and it was empty with just a trickle flowing in from the septic tank.

I switched off the circuit breaker and turned it on again to see if this would reset the pump but it kept on operating despite there being no water to pump away. As an interim fix, I've now turned off the pump and will turn it on only when there is sufficient water for it to pump, otherwise I'm sure it will burn itself out.

So the question is, does anyone have any advice how I can fix this myself without calling in Bord na Mona. I don't have the cash for a repair:o

Advertisement