Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where would you go or what would you do??

• 03-05-2009 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

if you were given a one year career break from work and was given say 20000 euro - what would you do ... would you travel the world or use it to set up and try to open a new business venture - or study

for me travel has been something that i absolutely love - so would go to australia, new zealand, and thailand and where ever the wind sails after that - a complete adventure, do everything i ever wanted travel wise - maybe strawberry pick for a week a two for more cash and go on to next town etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

One year and 20k?

It's gotta be Asia.

yep, asia for a year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

id buy one of these http://www.adrianstomcat.co.uk/SupportTrucks/LandRoverAmbulance_02.JPG
    :D

and then go to france and drive down through the french atalntic coast into protugal then down to moroco and surf and windsurf.. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I'd spend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

That's the dream, isn't it? I wouldn't know where to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

First available flight out of here.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Triumphant tour of Asia and South America and the bits of europe I havent been to yet.
    Absolutely no way in hell those Australians will ever get me back on their shores.
    They had their chance.
    /deletes all home and away torrents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Vegas for 2 days,use the rest of the year sitting about after signing on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

Would have to be travel, I heard Asia is amazing! Have you been offered this OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

buy an ould transit van and go on tour, throw an ould matress in the back ,

around the towns me wears id sell in public houses and hotels, mothers would have their daughters warned

"keep well away from the transit van"

now that would be a good year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I'd be gone straight away too. Thailand would be my first stop, from what I hear it's just paradise. Cuba is another country I'd love to visit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

East/central africa and south america.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Drive East to West Coast of America in an RV

Advertisement