Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nat problems

• 03-05-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am currently with eircom on a 7mg wirelss router. I contacted eircom about opening up all my ports and they told me to put my firewall on low and some other stuff. This allowed me to connect to some people i never could connect to before but stopped me from connectiong to people i used to be able to join..
    Any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

xShanoo wrote: »
    I am currently with eircom on a 7mg wirelss router. I contacted eircom about opening up all my ports and they told me to put my firewall on low and some other stuff. This allowed me to connect to some people i never could connect to before but stopped me from connectiong to people i used to be able to join..
    Any help would be great

You need to open specific ports to have an OPEN NAT setting with xbox live, lowering your security settings isn't the recommended fix. The best thing to do is google search "xbox live NAT" and the name of your router and you'll find plenty of walk-throughs on how to open up your particular router ports. Once you have an OPEN NAT, you'll be able to connect with everyone else without problems.... as long as they don't have STRICT NAT!
    Also, remember to frequently power cycle your router. Sometimes the router can get flooded and turn your NAT to MODERATE or STRICT, even when the correct ports are open. Unplugging the power cord for around sixty seconds, normally does the trick.
    Hope this helps. I'm pretty sure there are a few Boards threads on how to open up ports in Eircom routers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xShanoo

You need to open specific ports to have an OPEN NAT setting with xbox live, lowering your security settings isn't the recommended fix. The best thing to do is google search "xbox live NAT" and the name of your router and you'll find plenty of walk-throughs on how to open up your particular router ports. Once you have an OPEN NAT, you'll be able to connect with everyone else without problems.... as long as they don't have STRICT NAT!
    Also, remember to frequently power cycle your router. Sometimes the router can get flooded and turn your NAT to MODERATE or STRICT, even when the correct ports are open. Unplugging the power cord for around sixty seconds, normally does the trick.
    Hope this helps. I'm pretty sure there are a few Boards threads on how to open up ports in Eircom routers
    Yeah thanx for the tips im gonna go try it now.
    If you have links to those eircom router threads it would be most helpfull also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

The router provided by eircom should have the settings for xbox live set up already.

Head here:
    http://192.168.1.254/

Click 'custom services' on the left. From the drop down box select 'xbox live games' and click enable.

The host device will be the ip of your xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

mgsrocks wrote: »
    The router provided by eircom should have the settings for xbox live set up already.

Head here:
    http://192.168.1.254/

Click 'custom services' on the left. From the drop down box select 'xbox live games' and click enable.

The host device will be the ip of your xbox.

That certainly would make it a lot easier....

Sorry but I don't have any specific threads for you, as I don't use Eircom as an ISP. Just Google search "xbox live nat (your router's model name) port forward" and you should get plenty of links listed. It's fairly straight forward stuff, just don't skip any steps

Advertisement