Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying from jessops newry..?

• 03-05-2009 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Been pricing around for my first DSLR and i've narrowed down my choices to 1 or 2 that are available for home delivery from Jessups in Newry. Whats the deal with getting them delivered to the south?? Would i have to pay any extra VAT charges etc.? Their prices seem to be great compared to most retailers in the south, especially the kit deals! :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

If you buy from another country in the EU, you only pay the VAT in the country of purchase. The only exception to this is if the shop in question does enough business in Ireland that they are registered for VAT here, and will apply the Irish VAT rate. (Jessop's aren't as far as I know.)

You'll pay their regular UK-to-Ireland postage rate - around £10 I think - but you may need to place your order by phone if you're using an Irish credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Sorry to hijack, but if anyone else has dealt with them before - are they open to any haggling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I found it very hard to haggle with Jessops in Newry. They couldn't (wouldn't?) go down on price of camera but they were willing to throw in a few extras - bag, small tripod etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

That'd do! Was that on the kit price they were willing to throw'em in? Even another decent CF card would make it worth the drive ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Wee heads-up, Jessops are giving a few bob off some of their stuff this week-end as a "Bank Holiday" deal. Although don't be surprised if they don't have any in stock.

Ordered two Portaflash Light Stands 2S for £19.47 each, half price.
    None in stock, but should be able to collect-in-store on Friday 15th.

I don't know what the Newry Store is like to haggle with, but I know the Derry Store wouldn't budge on a D300 body purchase. Ended up buying from Calumet in Belfast, who price matched a written quote from an English shop. Worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Whats the telephone number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Kbeg3 wrote: »
    Whats the telephone number?

Try this :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

They will do a good deal for you and if you know what you want in the line of a filter, tripod or extra battery.
    It can be hard to get thro' on the phone. They are good to go into imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,508 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Unit 5, The Buttercrane Centre
    Buttercrane Quays
    GB - Newry BT35 8HJ
    Tel: 0845 458 7230 / Fax: 02830 833 817

I was there a few weeks ago and the stock levels weren't great, there was a shelf unit in the middle of the shop which looked like it was the place where they'd have camera bags on display but the shelves were all empty.

Advertisement