Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Co-op Games

• 03-05-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭

I know its been brought up before (ages ago though) so just wondering is there any good co-op games worth getting?

Playing through RE5 with a friend and enjoying it. Have played GOW1&2, Rainbow 6.

And after reading through the old threads I saw a lot of people recommending Earth Defense Force, so I'm getting that now.

Any other good suggestions??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

GoW 1 and 2 as you said are really good for co-op.
    Left 4 Dead is fantastic co-op and I recommend it. The thing is that its really short.

Are you looking for co-op campaigns or online multiplayer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

EDF is a must have

Halo 3 is great coop

Left 4 Dead is awesome, lots of replay value

Crackdown perhaps?

And the Lego games :)

I haven't tried Kane and Lynch coop, it's not a fantastic game, but maybe the coop is fun (and the game is cheap).

Halo Wars if you enjoy strategy games too

But yes, are you looking for local coop, or online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea looking for offline co-op. Don't have Live at all. Yea I have L4D, played it a bit. Not a big fan of GOW tbh. Love shooters but just not too found of that. Thanks for the hints and as said I'm getting EDF now, off the cousins :D

Adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Army of two is a fairly good co op game just the added bit of teamwork.
    Crackdown is a funny co-op game to play
    other then that i cant help you all the other ones have been mentioned

Okay thanks for that. I'll have a go of them when I finished RE5.

Thanks again.

Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Em I have to say one of the best co-op games Iv ever played would be Castle Crashers. Its a blast with friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jabbathehurt

Call of duty world at war has a great co op too.
    Marvel ultimate alliance may be worth gettin if its cheap or rent it.
    Games okay but you can play with up to 4 players on a single console. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Army of Two is good for mindless shooting action, but it's short enough. Started playing it with a mate, both our first time, and we finished it in around 4-5 hours. More difficulties we didn't play though.

Army of Two is good for mindless shooting action, but it's short enough. Started playing it with a mate, both our first time, and we finished it in around 4-5 hours. More difficulties we didn't play though.

4-5 hours thats very quick did you do the extra downloadable missions too? I only ask because they are free and some handy gamer points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Evolute wrote: »
    4-5 hours thats very quick did you do the extra downloadable missions too? I only ask because they are free and some handy gamer points

I played it with him on his PS3, so we didn't do any extra missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

You can do co-op in Call of Duty: World at War!There is also a Nazi zombie mode, which is great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

bit pricey but guitar hero / rock band are great co op games

I played it with him on his PS3, so we didn't do any extra missions.
    Ah ok not sure about weither the maps are on the ps3 not too PS3 savvy when it comes to DLC

Rockband and Guitar hero are superb co op games. Didnt even think of it and its sitting here infront of me haha

Nice spotting Calex

Thanks for all the suggestions. No just have to finish my stupid exams and I might be able to play a few!!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Saints row 2 is great on co-op you have complete freedom for you and your mate can go off and do what ever you want. The activites are easier in co-op and you get seperate achievements.

Plus its great driving a car while your mate is surfing on top.

Advertisement