Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP

Options
  • 03-05-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

any advice for the LCVP exam on wensday??:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Don't worry.

It is a piss easy exam.
    Just go in, relax...and write pretty much anything.

If you did a god portfolio then you will do fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

our lcvp teacher is rubbish she had no idea of layouts etc so im only presuming i did ok in the portfolio. Any advice on what to study etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

If you do Business Studies you are pretty much sorted.

The case study is a very easy Applied Business Question, and the video is easy enough aswell, just concentrate on the vid really.

As for the other questions, a lot of them are based on the portfolio, like aims and objectives, and headings and stuff.

It's a really handy exam for points.
    Ye should do fine!
    Seriously, don't worry about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MGSman123

I'm looking forward to getting it out of the way. I can't imagine it'll require much study. I mean, I do business and have been studying frantically for that over the last 2 months or so cause I made a right meal of my mocks! 25% anyone? But I'm fairly confident with regard to the LCVP, cause it's really just common sense with a bit of Bus, isn't it? :D Anywho, I'd say a good bit of study of these two days'll be MORE than enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jano1

For the case study on Car Care do a SWOT analysis of the business and the owner - Fran Carr. Also know how to do a business plan. Look at sources of finance for expansion and the implications of expansion - e.g. may need to hire a manager, harder to control quality etc. Also check short, medium and long term for the business plan for stock, equipment and fittings etc. Look at enterprise characteristics and the advantages and disadvantages of running your own business. Revise teamwork adv and disadv also. ICT is likely to come up - which types would help Frank run his business such as the use of the internet for selling parts/sourcing new suppliers/advertising.

Revise the headings/sections in your portfolio and finally look at past solutions on the state examinations website for Link Modules, questions are repeated regularly. Revision is worthwhile. The exam is marked fairly hard even though the questions seem easy.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement