Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from Smart to NTL

Options
  • 03-05-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I recently got ntl 10mb broadband. I wanted to switch from smart phone and broadband completely over to NTL phone and BB. It wasn't until i got the NTL BB in that they and smart informed me that they currently have no deal in place to port my number from smart. I'm wondering is there any way to get my number from ntl to smart??

e.g cancel smart, reactivate the line with eircom, port the number to NTL.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Number porting is a mess in Ireland thanks to Comreg and eircom .

Use smart076 voip to access smart number on smart Voip switch where it is permaforwarded to an 076 number which works perfectly off the smart network

see

http://support.076.ie/forums/archive/index.php/f-8.html

I would email info@comreg.ie and ask them what the precise procedure is .

Under the USO directive 2002 you are entitled to 'your ' number .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

Smart have been refusing to comply with COMREG for years now.
    I remember this was first brought up about 2 years.
    AFAIK Smart are blanketly refusing, defying COMREG, and they're been taken to court over this.

UPC should have made this clear to you, cause they could hardly not know.
    Did the sales person know you were with Smart?

It's Smarts fault that the number can't be switched, but if you told UPC that you were with Smart and they didn't inform you, they're to blame for that.

Advertisement