Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From West B, Borough & Newcastle who would you like to sign ?

Options
  • 03-05-2009 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

a tad vulture like like but who cares , curious to see who is rated and would be a good addition to the spurs:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Carrol from Newcastle I would sign .

Downing for Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

not sure weather id like him at spurs but ive always like jonathon greening off west brom. a real good footballer and a great passer of a ball. not sure if he would get inot the spurs team though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

dont really rate anyone off all 3 tbh. maybe steven taylor or wheater as an extra option at centre back but that would be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

There's quite a few I'd take depending on the price tag:

The Barcodes: Bassong and Guiterrez

Boro: Tuncay, Wheater and Johnson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

ya forgot about bassong. has been their only performer this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

Well, the only player I think that is anywhere near good enough to get into the Spurs team is Steven Taylor! But he's an absolute dirt bird though! :p Plus he's Newcastle til he dies.

Downing would be decent too, if Lennon goes! But even if he does go there are better choices out there then Downing.

I'd say the only others that will be snapped up by other teams will be Tuncay, Wheater, Martins, Owen, Duff and maybe Greening! The rest aren't good enough! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

Tuncay has been pretty woeful this season. We need a clinical finisher 20 goals plus. I don't think Tuncay has managed 10 this season. I'd like to see Duff as our left winger. Modric really isnt a left winger and we need someone strong and aggressive...Guiterrez would be useful, but I think we have enough player who can play his position.

I would have said Shay Given before Man City got him...Martins can play when he wants, and would probably suit our needs better than Tuncay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

froosh69 wrote: »
    Tuncay has been pretty woeful this season. We need a clinical finisher 20 goals plus. I don't think Tuncay has managed 10 this season. I'd like to see Duff as our left winger. Modric really isnt a left winger and we need someone strong and aggressive...Guiterrez would be useful, but I think we have enough player who can play his position.

I would have said Shay Given before Man City got him...Martins can play when he wants, and would probably suit our needs better than Tuncay!

IMHO Martins is exceptionally average.
    Bassong would be a very good signing.
    Downing has shone this season and is, I believe, already lined up for Spurs and was kept at Boro to help them avoid relegation (:o) and will join us in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

i'd take owen from newcastle (no harm if he's going on a free)

and downing from boro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Roberth huth from boro! decent defender alright!
    nobody from boro! possibly duffer from newcastle!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

froosh69 wrote: »
    Tuncay has been pretty woeful this season. We need a clinical finisher 20 goals plus. I don't think Tuncay has managed 10 this season. I'd like to see Duff as our left winger.

I think Tuncay's best position is is midfield, even when we tanked Boro at home this year he was easily their best player. His work rate is exceptional, and would make a good option to come off the bench.

Duff is dogsh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

whitey21 wrote: »
    Roberth huth from boro! decent defender alright!
    nobody from boro! possibly duffer from newcastle!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Honestly ?
    Not any of them - useless shower.
    Not of the required standard if we want to porgress to the next level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think BOLT could be right when he says Downing could be on the way in the summer,i think Wheater would not be a bad signing either..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Your really scraping the bottom of the barrel there boy!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 limerickyidd

I'd take Stuaret Downing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dmcevoy24

kev nolan would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

dmcevoy24 wrote: »
    kev nolan would be good

His best is well behind him, Bolton must be laughing to have got 5million for him.
    Only guys I would consider are Bassong, Wheater and Downing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i'd only take the following if the price was right,

Downing but i can see him going the way of bently
    Taylor would be good
    Owen if he would take a major paycut the thoughts of shelling out 190k a week makes me weep

• Advertisement
Advertisement