Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tagging Threads: Announcement

Options
  • 03-05-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and gals,

I'm sorry for not discussing this sooner, but better late than never, I guess. Anyway, as we've all seen since this forum was started, there's been numerous threads on numerous reality TV shows. And as some individual shows have numerous threads, I think we should implement a tagging system on thread titles.

For example, I want to talk about the UK version of The Apprentice, well if I were to title my thread "Alan Sugar is mean" then I would use this title with tag: " [The Apprentice UK] Alan Sugar is mean ".

Now, the reason I'm implementing this is because in a month's time, Big Brother is starting again. This forum started of as the Big Brother forum, and there were vast varying threads detailing numerous aspects about the show. No matter what your opinion of the show, this is more than likely going to happen again. And this is not the case just for Big Brother, this could happen with any other reality TV show.

Therefore, I'm compiling a list of Reality TV show Tags in this sticky. These tags are being implemented to make it easier to identify different reality TV shows. I will leave this sticky open, for positive or negative feedback OR for users to add tags I may have missed.

These tags are not yet compulsory, as I would like to get users feedback on them. But I would like to see them being at least tried out.

Many thanks
    JBoyle4eva:)
    • The Apprentice(UK/IE/US)=TAPP(UK/IE/US)
    • Britain's Got Talent=BGT
    • The X Factor=TXF
    • Survivor(Series name/number)=SRV(name/no)
    • The Amazing Race=TAR
    • Big Brother(UK)/(US)=BB(US)/(UK)
    • Come Dine With Me=CDWM
    • Strictly Come Dancing=SCD
    • Dancing With The Stars=DWS

Should Tags be implemented? 15 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    60% 9 votes
    Maybe, let's give it time to try it out
    26% 4 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    13% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I think it's a good idea because it will let posters know at a glance what the various threads are about.

So, just so I have this right J, my usual thread would now be titled as "Post While You Are Watching BB(UK)"
    :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its a great idea (especially with BB coming down the track), but the abbreviations are a bit vague. For example, if you saw the topic line:

[CDWM] John is a twat

.. how would you know that CDWM is come dine with me without looking at the thread?

Also, don't forget an 'other' category....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Mr E wrote: »
    Its a great idea (especially with BB coming down the track), but the abbreviations are a bit vague. For example, if you saw the topic line:

[CDWM] John is a twat

.. how would you know that CDWM is come dine with me without looking at the thread?

Also, don't forget an 'other' category....

Yeah, that's something I'm kinda concerned about. I suppose we could use "Dine" for Come Dine With Me, and possibly Stars for "Dancing With The Stars".

Anyore feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

So, this really hasn't garnered much interest either way. Gonna give this until Tuesday, and if nothing else has been aded to the topic I'm gonna let it slide :)

Advertisement