Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold guides tips?

• 03-05-2009 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Goes anyone use those gold guides that are advertised around the place?

I know a mate of mine who used to play swears by Valkor...

Anyone use these guides and tell me if they legit etc? As in they work.

I'll have some spare time this week and think I might go on a gold grind run

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Theres not much a guide can tell you that isnt freely available on the net already. It will say, in a much longer and fancier way, that you should do all your dailies, sell your crap loot, DE your greens, and dont use the AH. Thats it really.

I've been doing my 25 daily quests....daily now and have a ton of gold. 300+ gold per day, not including the drops and stuff. Got my Pally his epic mount now (Epic Egineering flyer ftw!). It really is quite easy to get the gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

I do a run around Ice Crown for an hour or so a day mining. I easily take in 300g-400g a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

forget those guides!!

do daily's =, DE the greens !!!

profit!! = 350g+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

argent tournament dailies, fishing cooking, mining around basin for 1hr.. nets me around 700g a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thanks for the replies.

I've mining on every character, with one character high level mining with jewelcrafting.

So I planned on just selling loads of ores/bars and JC stuff. Around 80 with dailies id hope to net a fair bit of loot :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Herbalism and Alchemy - Flasks of Endless Rage still go for minimum 30g and a max of about 40g, for one. With Elixir Mastery you can get great lucky procs (had a few at the weekend of 10 x ). Frost Lotus selling for 40g each if you just want to take Herbalism. Either way, people always want flasks, whether it's for pugs or their guild raids.

Sold about 150 flasks at the weekend myself on the AH, from Friday evening until Sunday night, 35g buyout each.

I thought prices would drop for flasks due to now getting at least 2 x flasks per the mats but they haven't dropped at all, if anything they've gone up in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Have herbalisim, alchemy, fishin and cookin maxed on Rogue, Mining and Skinning on Death Knight. Can't seem to sell the Artic Fur's or Icy Dragonscales on our server :( Maybe askin too much :p But anytime get Lotus usually use em on flasks for both characters :( Gotta Signet of the accord there and tried stickin it on for 4k to see if anyone foolish enough :D but no luck
    :( is better 25 man rings on AH for 2-3 k :(

Any Idea's on makin best use of em to get gold??

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

herb + alch is win!..

I can make 1000g per day if I wanna farm a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Xyo wrote: »
    herb + alch is win!..

I can make 1000g per day if I wanna farm a bit.

Flasks just or Elixers & pots?? Im Elixer master.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Nehaxak wrote: »

I thought prices would drop for flasks due to now getting at least 2 x flasks per the mats but they haven't dropped at all, if anything they've gone up in price.

most alchs are greedy, with the 1hr now for flasks but creating 2 of them. they still dump the 1 flask up for 35g :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

It all depends on your server really...On mine(Azjol-Nerub) there's a severe lack of Wool/Silk and anything that appears on AH goes for 13g+ easily. Saronite ore sells rather cheap and a few other bits and pieces too..

All you have to is watch your AH for an hour or so and see what sells well on your server and act from there..

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Just flask of the frost wyrm. That's all I sell.

Got well lucky last night. Usually mithril ore and bars sell equal to a stack. 50 gold. Some hero put up ten stacks at 20 gold so i jumped all over it. Smelted and threw up at 50g for a stack of bars. Easiest 500 gold i ever made. Went of and farmed another few stacks all sold for 50g. Runecloth i sold for something ridic like 25g a stack. Spent a little while farming yesterday and played ah and came away 1.5k richer. Was well chuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

im just wondering what dalies i should do .

presently the only group im not exhaulted with are the sons but im doing there quests daily .

im also doing the darl cooking quest but what else should i do for speedy gold making ?

just the ones in icecrown ?

is there some which are just not worth the time compaired to others ?

toxick wrote: »
    most alchs are greedy, with the 1hr now for flasks but creating 2 of them. they still dump the 1 flask up for 35g :(

Yeah I know and tbh it's not great for everyone else but I'm making a fair whack of gold from it for my raid repairs and alts also so not complaining much :)
    Besides, I would normally give a big chunk of flasks to the guild bank every week to help on raids. Nowt to spend the gold on that I want really apart from alts so good to help others.

Another tip I'd give is to get the darkmoon fair cards - hand the sets in and get the card itself, they are now BOE ! Just hold on to them until the fair is over and pop them up on the AH for a hefty profit.

For a DK with just average gear (like myself), The DarkMoon card Death does as much damage as Necrosis and Blood Caked Strike put together so they seem to sell the best. You could usually buy the seperate cards for under 400g in total, then sell the trinket you get from the fair for upwards of 1,500g if not a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

severe lack of wool/silk/mageweave/health pots on my server. money to be made there.

im doin EN but ive stop DE the GOOD greens as can get 20g per good green. take a low lvl run in zul farrak/razorfens and AH greens. great greens for alts if u wanna farm them and sell em.

and DE selling shards :-D

quest quest and quests!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Kiith wrote: »
    Theres not much a guide can tell you that isnt freely available on the net already. It will say, in a much longer and fancier way, that you should do all your dailies, sell your crap loot, DE your greens, and dont use the AH. Thats it really.

I've been doing my 25 daily quests....daily now and have a ton of gold. 300+ gold per day, not including the drops and stuff. Got my Pally his epic mount now (Epic Egineering flyer ftw!). It really is quite easy to get the gold.

Where do you get most of your gold Kiith??? Hmm...? I will remember that the next time you ask me for a loan :P

I make about 1500 a day, do it watching TV so it's not so bad. Pick a good spot, farm lots of ores, prospect it, cut the gems and you will make a lot of money.

Now I just do my dailies as I need the bits and bobs that you get from the daily loot. Not much need for gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

a guildmate of mine rolled insription on one of his alts waay after wotlk came out.

He now has 42kg on that character. If your willing to play the ah a little bit, incsription is a nobrainer.

Yeah I'd defo agree.

I was never big into proffesions. But since I came to outland I've been less " ding 80 asap" and have taken time to work on some proffesions and it has paid off.

I'm making ridic amounts of gold on the warlock, just from spending an hour gathering stacks of ores and selling them.

And I'm pretty sure I've inflated the mithril pricing on my server haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Another tip I'd give is to get the darkmoon fair cards - hand the sets in and get the card itself, they are now BOE ! Just hold on to them until the fair is over and pop them up on the AH for a hefty profit.

For a DK with just average gear (like myself), The DarkMoon card Death does as much damage as Necrosis and Blood Caked Strike put together so they seem to sell the best. You could usually buy the seperate cards for under 400g in total, then sell the trinket you get from the fair for upwards of 1,500g if not a lot more.

death card sells on my realm now for about 650g max. dam recession!!

Advertisement