Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Barcelona 2nd leg (first leg 0-0 )

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Look Barca were cat over 2 legs no one can argue that, I would urge people to not be so reactionary in writing them off however with a front six over 90 minutes of

Xavi-Youre-Iniest
    Messi-Eto-Henry

The final is anything but a foregone conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

One shot on target and they score ... robbery - Utd will be laughing all the ways to the cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

redout wrote: »
    Ballack was a brave man to put his hands on that ref.

Lucky that monster of a man didnt deck him.

I thought that. He's like Stan from Shameless....he'd have knocked the sh1te out of Ballack if the cameras were off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Busy paying off the referee?

did he get confused when he sent off Abidal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Oh great, Barcelona are rubbish now according to everyone. Bit of a slide from best team in the world 2 days ago. Both Fletcher and Abidal should be allowed play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Down to 10 players and Barca still dominated possession wise.

I think thats sums Chelsea up to be honest.

The man advantage and there response was to remove Drogba and stick on a defender !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

mayordenis wrote: »
    Look Barca were cat over 2 legs no one can argue that, I would urge people to not be so reactionary in writing them off however with a front six over 90 minutes of

Xavi-Youre-Iniest
    Messi-Eto-Henry

Indeed - i'm more scared of Barcelona than I am of Chelsea. I think the final will be more open than the last couple of euro games we have seen Barcelona in. Very fearfull of Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

in fairness, the ref was bad for both sides. He sent off the abidal when it wasnt even a free........

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Absolutely disgusted.

I can understand Ballack's actions somewhat. Chelsea's whole season came down to these 3 minutes. It is not characteristic of Ballack and I really think it was just spur of the moment stuff. I can imagine being totally frustrated being in Drogba's position also, but he went over the top.

Anyway, absolutely sickened. Can't believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

What a game...

As much as I cant stand Chelsea and Drogba, jesus christ what a way to go out. As for Drogba, he will get a fine but these are professional footballers, they get emotional and when you get referees like the last two days you can understand the frustration a bit. It is a bit of a 'f*cking disgrace', the referees seem to be getting worse rather than better

As a United fan I much prefer Barca in the final, but you have to have sympathy for Chelsea tonight, shocking decisions on both sides but they contained Barca excellently and should have had at least three penalty shouts. Fair enough they were diving more than Michael Phelps but the better team hasn't won

YOU WUZ ROBBED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

I can explain Barca's lack of shots in one word, and that word is Alves! Ballack will get away with his ref chasing because of Drogba's hissy fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

What a game :pac:

Ballack & Drogba. Words escape me. Well they don't, but I dont fancy a ban :p This has made things far more interesting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Congrats Utd on the Back to Back Premipership and Champions League

Soby wrote: »
    Lost for words...Sh!te ref..Ballack shoulda rugby tackled him

I would have paid a lot of money to see that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Congrats Barca but Chelsea robbed though imo. Should have had a few penalties.

Pleased Barca got through though, I think we have a much better chance of beating them than we would Chelsea in the final. Espiceally now with three of their back four missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Abidal, really?

Down to 10 players and Barca still dominated possession wise.

I think thats sums Chelsea up to be honest.

The man advantage and there response was to remove Drogba and stick on a defender !

He got injured,Anelkea went upfront belletti went Right mid..same formation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

titan18 wrote: »
    Anyone tell me where this crap Barcelona defense was?
    Abidal got himself sent off. Toure and Pique were completely dominated in the air by Drogba, that's while they weren't busy handling the ball and pulling Chelsea players shirts back in the area. Dani Alves had one of the worst 90 minutes I've ever seen in a Champions League semi-final and was lucky that Iniesta was able to pull something out of the bag to save Barca's blushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Very annoyed at Drogba et al's reaction. If, for no other reason, it allows people to deflect criticism for the utter robbery that took place.

Plain and simple - incompetent refereeing.

I hope Man Utd. CRUSH them in the final.

• Advertisement

I'm actually shocked how you are all writing off Barcelona!

Liam O wrote: »

You will to when someone posts a list of banned/injured players they will be missing

In Fairness Barca were crap and did'nt deserve to go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That was a load of ****e.Not a hope in hell Barce deserved that.

It was nice of Ballack to duck out of the way all the same.

Whats Dunphy on about, it'll be a great final. Did he actually watch Barce or does he head to the bar while the game is on?

I'd be delighted with that if I was a Utd fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

eagle eye wrote: »
    He is not the only one, I hate cheats and that Chelsea team are full of them. And anyone that reckons that over the two legs Chelsea deserved it must have been watching different games to me.

As much as we'd sometimes like it, football is not all about attacking, Barca cannot defend and United will show that more so in the Final, Chelsea's 1st leg performance was a defensive masterpiece,

Barca were poor over the 2 legs, one shot tonight? what use is possession, one-two's, one touch football if you can't score? 140 odd goals this season, and they get lucky against Chelsea, doesn't say much about La Liga.

I like many others are not impressed by some of the Chelsea players reactions, but how would you feel? do you just accept bad referee decisions like that? and i include the sending off, Chelsea were done by him more tonight.

Video Technology in some form or another, is needed the world bodies neexd to get this in, if not even for "live" decisons like penalties, but at least have video appeals be allowed for the likes of Fletcher and Abidal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Yup. Quite an achievement. Gutted about tonight but after the season we've had Im shocked we even got there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

It was classless by the players at the end but they were blatantly robbed, what can you do, I'd like to see Rooney/Keane/Neville not freak out in the same circumstances.
    I'd love to be able to say fair play Barcelona, but I cant, they've been shown for what the are over these two legs, show ponies in 2/3 of the pitch with no end product against a good team. I never thought I'd be cheering for United in this years final but I absolutely will, ye will demolish them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Abidal, really?

I call your rubbish sending off, and raise you two clearcut penalties for handball and two more potential penalties for fouls in the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

How many refs in England and Ireland looking after an under 15's match on a saturday morning are gonna get surrounded and abused after Drogba and his gang showed that it was the thing to do when you lose?

Compare it to the rugby.. captains the only ones who speak to the refs, and its a far more physical game. Stick Drogba into an Ireland rugby training session and see how he cries.

Sickening and sad for sport in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Anyone tell me where this crap Barcelona defense was?

Only 1 goal conceded, and that goal was special, over the 2 legs.

chelsea had lots of chances to score over the 2 legs, really good chances..

only have themselves to blame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

The result is good for football.

Drogba's reaction makes me delighted they lost.

Yay Barcelona!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Absolutley superb game. Really dissapointed in the behavior of Droggy and Ballack after the game, there is no place in football for that childish behavior. Roll on what could be the best CL final in many years. COME ON UNITED!!

Boo-yaa

Were the Barca doubters now ?

10 Players

One shot on target

Dream final awaits

Congrats

Blaugrana

I'm still a Barce doubter and I'm here. They showed nothing to prove anyone wrong.

Jam-Fly wrote: »

I can understand Ballack's actions somewhat. Chelsea's whole season came down to these 3 minutes.

it doesn't matter. Disgrace and deserving of a ban
    It is not characteristic of Ballack

but it is. and it's characteristic of the whole chelsea team, and their "everyone's against us" attitude. The last 4 or 5 years have been a long journey of ganging up on refs, simulating fouls and putting on an innocent face afterwards. The end of the match was the journey's glorious climax. A yellow for Drogba is not nearly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

BTW, the refereeing was 'f*cking disgraceful' in both semi-finals. It is actually a bit sick for Drogba, because what he said was true, but he still can't say it, and will definitely get a ban/fine because of it.

Ugh, God, what a way to go out. To feel like I do as a Chelsea fan, I can't imagine how the players must feel. This is almost as bad as last year, because this year it is more unjust. Disgusting.

Stekelly wrote: »
    That was a load of ****e.Not a hope in hell Barce deserved that.

It was nice of Ballack to duck out of the way all the same.

Whats Dunphy on about, it'll be a great final. Did he actually watch Barce or does he head to the bart while the game is on?

I'd be delighted with that if I was a Utd fan.

Yeah because you know how 1/2 bad games completely negates a whole season of mesmerising football. People weren't creaming over United so much a couple of weeks ago if I remember correctly

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Chelsea are a disgrace, that was awfull to look at how they nearly assaulted the ref. I hope the fines against all those guilty are huge. They had their chances to win the game over 2 legs. They couldn't, get over it.

Barcelona almost played better with a man less. I'd say Roman has a gun is the dressing room now! And there's no way they're a write off for the title.

Game on I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

I cant believe how appaling the ref was tonight, Chelsea were robbed and Im a Utd fan
    Theres absolutley no excuses now for video replays not to be included in ref's decisions

What a fúcking game.

Unlucky to Chelsea anyway lads. The ref had bad decisions towards both sides I feel but I would feel bitter on the losing end too.

LOL @ people writing off Barcelona. Henry to shine in the final & Barca to win imho. Only thing he hasn't won and it would be fitting against a club he was always a rival to. Going to be a great final in any case. Think I'll be buying a Barca jersey before it haha :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Am did you watch the same match no? They were rubbish and scraped through.

The ref was clueless ... think himslf and Alves were in cohoots

• Advertisement

I call your rubbish sending off, and raise you two clearcut penalties for handball and two more potential penalties for fouls in the box.

barca should have had a peno in the first leg. I understand why chelsea feel hard done by. But i've seen far worse injustices in football, and to be honest they deserve any bad luck after that reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Anyone writing Barcelona off for the final is mental by the way.

You never know what sort of injuries either team could pick up before the final.

mayordenis wrote: »

Xavi-Youre-Iniest
    Messi-Eto-Henry

They were cat last year and not much better against Liverpool the year before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I'm sure Chelsea would of preferred one penalty rather than getting a man sent off. 0/4 calls for penalty + wrong sending off = good refereeing??

Classless reaction, but you can understand it. Can you imagine Fergie in that position, he'd be going mental too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Mmcd wrote: »
    I cant believe how appaling the ref was tonight, Chelsea were robbed and Im a Utd fan
    Theres absolutley no excuses now for video replays not to be included in ref's decisions
    Ignoring the sending off that never should have been and changed the flow of the game then, yeah?
    Chong wrote: »

One game. If we were to watch Saturday against Real instead, on that basis, we'd be saying Man United didn't have a hope. This final is gonna be a classic.

Chong wrote: »

1 game! In case you forgot they beat Real Madrid 6-2 at the weekend, hardly rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Oh great, Barcelona are rubbish now according to everyone. Bit of a slide from best team in the world 2 days ago. Both Fletcher and Abidal should be allowed play.

With any luck, UEFA will allow an appeal and the entire Chelsea team will get to play in the final...;)

People talking about individuals missing out on the biggest game of their careers when arguably the refs decisions tonight cost a team the chance to reach the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

If Barca are beating everyone in La Liga, based on tonights performance it doesnt say much for Spanish football!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Robbed. Should have finished the game off though. Barca are nothing special.

United will beat them.

• Advertisement

DSB wrote: »
    One game. If we were to watch Saturday against Real instead, on that basis, we'd be saying Man United didn't have a hope. This final is gonna be a classic.

beat me to it by a few seconds

Advertisement