Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Barcelona 2nd leg (first leg 0-0 )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Bubs101 wrote: »
    We were the better team over the two legs, Barca's lack of shots on target show that.

:eek:

/wipes eyes

/reads again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CHD wrote: »
    Thanks for the laugh. Chelsea are a class team.

You are welcome. You probably need a good one after the way your team decided one was enough.

Could not happen a nicer shower.

EDIT: It seems that not only are Chelsea players sore losers, their fans are bloody hilarious. Listenimng to 5 live it seems it was all a conspiracy. UEFA et al guided Essiens goal in to give them hope, but UEFA also used thier magic to screw up Essiens clearance later.

Build a bridge Chelseas. Ypur tactics were at fault at the end. Delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Barr wrote: »
    I reckon if Chelsea got through again , Chelsea would get through on Penalties now Utd 4 -0 against Barca
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

KerranJast wrote: »
    Barca are an excellent team but will be up against an even better all round side. They have no defense and even Chelsea with 30% possession over the two legs could have scored 4 against them at least. For the bones of 4 hours of football against English opposition over the past few seasons Barcelona have looked at best ineffective and at worst pedestrian. Nothing Fergie will have seen from them this season will have frightened him unless his team completely lose their heads like they did against Liverpool.
    They are a team to be outmaneuvered not feared.

Yes but this wasn't Barcelona at their best. Because of injuries and suspensions, and the resulting players out of position, they had 2/4 defenders who'd play when everyone's fit, 1/3 mid fielders and 2/3 forwards. Any team would struggle with so many important players missing or out of position. They'd Busquets and Keita playing centre mid! The team 'fergie' will face will be entirely different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Tom65 wrote: »
    I know the game has only just ended, but if someone can point me in the direction of a video of the Drogba incident, that would be brilliant.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60134308&postcount=656

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i wonder what the special one's take on this will be?

jose-mourinho.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

eddiehead wrote: »
    Taken from post #2 of this thread

#1,I said "in theory"..

and #2...well...you said it best yourself imo.

Well in all fairness I was obviously referring to a full strength Barcelona with their usual full strength 11. Unless I am missing something then tonight we saw both first choice CBs (Puyol, Marquez) absent and defensive midfielder Toure made a makeshift CB. No Henry who was replaced by Iniesta playing out of position and Keita and Busquets who wouldnt be normal starters filling in in midfield. Hardly a normal Barca 11 if you actually watch them week in week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

just saw the highlights there and all i can say is how ballack and drogba restrained themselves is beyond me. I'd have ****in killed him. Good god they were robbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

smuckers wrote: »
    Still hasn't sunk in, I knew that Drogba miss was going to be vital. Drogba and Ballack should not have reacted the way they did regardless of incompetent referring.
    A word to the muppets in RTE especially Dunphy, he said Drobga was a disgrace but how he was very cool when his chum Roy Keane ended alfe inge halands's career!
    I'm proud to be a blue, overall Barca edged it because of the ball retention in the 2 legs, but there was alot of heroes tonight, and Malouda in particualr who worked his arse off. Essien went for hero to villian unfortunately.
    fair play,can't disagree with any of that.

Sweeno wrote: »
    everyone on about chelsea horrible football? they were plaing a game and they played it well, didnt see anything beautiful bout barcelonas game? they play a beuatiful game against spanish teams..they couldnt do it against chelsea premiership FAR FAR FAR tougher than primera liga, man utd will beat barca.. no doubt

and a big fat F**K YOU to drogba haters, hes a legend i wish he had torn lumps outta the referee
    Dear oh dear. Yeah he should have attacked the ref even though the ref sent off a Barca player and gave your lot every chance:rolleyes:. The best team won. Move on and stop your bullsh/t.

• Advertisement

Redout.

Yous didn't beat us. yous got a miracle. Shhhh and count your blessings.

Who is in the final Brother.................

Who are a bunch of sore losers who are going to be handed fines and bans ?

Fizman wrote: »

/wipes eyes

/reads again

dont know why you reacted like that to be honest barca got the ball kept it 30 yards from goal in the first leg and had no shot on target til the 93 minute tonight. He's right in what he's sayin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

gimmick wrote: »
    You are welcome. You probably need a good one after the way your team decided one was enough.

Could not happen a nicer shower.

EDIT: It seems that not only are Chelsea players sore losers, their fans are bloody hilarious. Listenimng to 5 live it seems it was all a conspiracy. UEFA et al guided Essiens goal in to give them hope, but UEFA also used thier magic to screw up Essiens clearance later.

Build a bridge Chelseas. Ypur tactics were at fault at the end. Delighted.
    Your hatred towards Chelsea is quite pathetic. Who said one was enough? did we stop trying to score?

OMG wow you hate Chelsea, alot do. Shhhh jog on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

right calm down people

this thread is getting out of hand

no need for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Highsider wrote: »
    :confused:

Can you see Baca beating Utd ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It's hard to say how pathetic some people are who still hate Chelsea for being the first team to have money.

Anyone who says we weren't the better team and outclassed them are just blind

redout wrote: »

dude i'm not in your argument with this guy but that attitude is why united fans in most cases get a bad reputation.
    They're not sore losers they were robbed you know simple as. If this was last night and ye went out like that what would you be like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Feck it I'm going to bed. I have a very uneasy feeling in my stomach from defending Chelsea, it's just not right. Ya's were robbed (never thought I'd say that)

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

It's hard to say how pathetic some people are who still hate Chelsea for being the first team to have money.

Its actually more to do with the horrible people that have played for the club in that timeframe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Your hatred towards Chelsea is quite pathetic. Who said one was enough? did we stop trying to score?

OMG wow you hate Chelsea, alot do. Shhhh jog on.

:D So you admit to being a sore loser then?

Jog On? Does Danny Dyer post here?

Dry your eyes mate. I know it has just happened, but seriously, your lot blew it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Sweeno wrote: »

and a big fat F**K YOU to drogba haters, hes a legend i wish he had torn lumps outta the referee

lol

even his old manager (jose) calls him a diver and a cheat. he had 1 big season at chelski. he also happens to be one of the most unlikeable men in football.

you can have him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Im a big Man Utd fan, (not that that has anything to do with this) but i do not know how Chelsea wer not givin a penalty in this game. The Pique handball for me was the most obvious. Drogba and Ballacks action wer a disgrace... but it must be hard to keep their emotions to themselves.
    Feel sorry for them, but thats football unfortuantly, sometimes its not fair.
    The red card imo was not fair either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

And I was wondering why there are so few of us that regularly grace these forums.

Iang87 wrote: »
    They're not sore losers
    Yes they are. Always have been.

Sup brother,

Your in the Final. Best of luck in it. Your going to need it.

I dont blame ya being happy and wanting to gloat, but at least step back and realise how lucky yous are to be there, you took the hard route and scraped it. Chelsea deserve to be there as much as yous do.

There will be bans and fines, deservedly so. I'd be sick too though. Drogba and Ballacks reactions were over the top, not the rest of the team.

Best of luck in the final, you will need.

Peace out bro.

Yes.

Also ffs shut up with this nonsense of Chelsea being robbed. Over the two legs they should have had ONE penalty, Barca should also have ONE penalty. Away from home Chelsea could have lost a man, today Barca lost one for no reason I can figure. How Drogba avoided a yellow for diving in both legs is also beyond me. This Chelsea were robbed by the ref talk is so laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Trotter wrote: »
    How many refs in England and Ireland looking after an under 15's match on a saturday morning are gonna get surrounded and abused after Drogba and his gang showed that it was the thing to do when you lose?

Compare it to the rugby.. captains the only ones who speak to the refs, and its a far more physical game. Stick Drogba into an Ireland rugby training session and see how he cries.

Sickening and sad for sport in general.

I've always thought it would be great to stick the soccer primadonnas into a rugby match. Imagine Ronaldo and Drogba being thrown in amongst Rocky Elsom and Mafi!

The red card was a disgrace. Barca were also denied a stonewall peno in the first leg and were missing four first team players.

Chelsea should have gone for the jugular but didn't have the balls to believe in their own ability. The disgraceful behaviour at the end is indefensible.

With Henry and Puyol back for Barca I think the Final will be close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I am sorry before I state any of this but to see Drogba chasing the Ref was fantastic, the man is a diving over reacting idiot, for a man who is of the stature he is in his build and with the striking ability he has he is a ****ing disgrace.

I felt Chelsea would have been the better team to take on UTD, but we have a fantastic final on offer and whoever wins well then fair ****s to them...

Drogba.. HahAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU CHEATING PIECE OF **** Karma is a ****.

Another yellow from the mods well do ya know what it was well worth it. We could move to a kindergarten if one likes. As for the ******** ************* *********** ******* then he can kiss my ************** ************* ************** *

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Yes.

Also ffs shut up with this nonsense of Chelsea being robbed. Over the two legs they should have had ONE penalty, Barca should also have ONE penalty. Away from home Chelsea could have lost a man, today Barca lost one for no reason I can figure. How Drogba avoided a yellow for diving in both legs is also beyond me. This Chelsea were robbed by the ref talk is so laughable.

Agreed, complete over-reactionary.

gimmick wrote: »
    :D So you admit to being a sore loser then?

Jog On? Does Danny Dyer post here?

Dry your eyes mate. I know it has just happened, but seriously, your lot blew it.
    Im not a sore loser, im pissed off at how we went out though.

We did blow it, didn't cry either. uh huh im a big boy :).

Just leave it out, no need for it.

Highsider wrote: »
    Yes

Unlikely tbh , sh*te team won tonite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

carlop wrote: »
    I feel like I should go searching for a facepalm image but its late and I need some sleep...

The first leg was 0-0. If it finishes 1-1 tomorrow barca go through on away goals.

lol whoops I forgot that :pac::pac:

Great match though, Chelsea were unlucky not to have been award one penalty.

The red card was a joke, Chelsea probably should've had a more attacking approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

33xwsye.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A lot of people seem certain United will murder Barcelona. My advice is to get to a bookies and put lots of money on it because Barcelona are marginal favourites for the title as i write this. Sure won't you all be rich since it's such a certainty...

• Advertisement

I've always thought it would be great to stick the soccer primadonnas into a rugby match. Imagine Ronaldo and Drogba being thrown in amongst Rocky Elsom and Mafi!

The red card was a disgrace. Barca were also denied a stonewall peno in the first leg and were missing four first team players.

Chelsea should have gone for the jugular but didn't have the balls to believe in their own ability. The disgraceful behaviour at the end is indefensible.

With Henry and Puyol back for Barca I think the Final will be close.
    Your right. The behaviour at the end was indefensible no matter what happened in the match.

Yes Barca are sh/te :rolleyes: Goodnight gentlemen.

I am sorry before I state any of this but to see Drogba chasing the Ref was fantastic, the man is a diving over reacting idiot, for a man who is of the stature he is in his build and with the striking ability he has he is a ****ing disgrace.

I felt Chelsea would have been the better team to take on UTD, but we have a fantastic final on offer and whoever wins well then fair ****s to them...

Drogba.. HahAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU CHEATING PIECE OF **** Karma is a ****.

i can assume you're not a united fan then otherwise you haven't a leg to stand on in relation to overreacting, diving and cheating. also use of the word karma in relation to another team or player when being a united fan is damn near criminal

dude i'm not in your argument with this guy but that attitude is why united fans in most cases get a bad reputation.
    They're not sore losers they were robbed you know simple as. If this was last night and ye went out like that what would you be like

Robbed ?

They got their just deserts for playing negative football and failing to try capitalise once they got the player advantage. Once that happened they should have gone for a second and controlled the game. Instead they were supposedly happy to sit back and defend against a 10 man team and fancied their luck to ride it out. Nobody t blame but themselves.

BTW: Never a sending off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I suggest everyone takes a step back NOW before this thread gets locked and a few of you take a break from the forum.

Quit the abuse, quit the attempts at trolling.

Think before you post.

There will be no more warnings.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    A lot of people seem certain United will murder Barcelona. My advice is to get to a bookies and put lots of money on it because Barcelona are marginal favourites for the title as i write this. Sure won't you all be rich since it's such a certainty...

Alot of people going to get very rich putting their houses on this one, sure Barca are sh-te obviously. I'm getting a loan out as we speak to lump it on. I assume Barca being favourites is some kind of practical joke from the bookies, or they just hate money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

The only thing Barca lacked was shots on target. While they got lucky with not giving away a Peno, Chelski got lucky when Barca got a man sent off for no reason.

Chelsea played great. There goal came from luck with a fantastic strike from Essien. They had a good couple of chances that drogba or Anelka should of buried.

Barcalona never gave up and kept at Chelski defence. Well played in the end for Barcalona.

Was a great match all in all. Really enjoyed watching it as a Barca fan.

Can't wait for the final...

The End!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Well in all fairness I was obviously referring to a full strength Barcelona with their usual full strength 11. Unless I am missing something then tonight we saw both first choice CBs (Puyol, Marquez) absent and defensive midfielder Toure made a makeshift CB. No Henry who was replaced by Iniesta playing out of position and Keita and Busquets who wouldnt be normal starters filling in in midfield. Hardly a normal Barca 11 if you actually watch them week in week out.

Doesn't change the point at all tbh, you won't beat that side by playing free-flowing attacking football. They are the best footballing side on the planet, but at the same time I think any of the top 3 Prem side's should beat them. Chelsea should have beaten them with the chances they had over the 2 legs, it was all down to missing some very good chances as opposed to Barca defending well.
    Barca took over 180 mins to score against Chelsea and last season they didnt score against United, so the 60-70% possession argument is a non-starter for me, that's 1 goal in over 360 mins of football against well organised sides who allowed them to hold onto the ball. That IS unquestionably the most effective way to beat this side. Chelsea lost because they didn't take their chances, not because they didn't/couldn't create them.

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Alot of people going to get very rich putting their houses on this one, sure Barca are sh-te obviously. I'm getting a loan out as we speak to lump it on. I assume Barca being favourites is some kind of practical joke from the bookies, or they just hate money?

Well my money is on Barca :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Daysha wrote: »
    Big difference between emotion and stupidity imo.

True, but it's a fine line,

id agree with Hiddink, i can totally understand the players in questions reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

well billlllllll, happy birthday!:D:D
    (better you than me!!)

eddiehead wrote: »
    Doesn't change the point at all tbh, you won't beat that side by playing free-flowing attacking football. They are the best footballing side on the planet, but at the same time I think any of the top 3 Prem side's should beat them. Chelsea should have beaten them with the chances they had over the 2 legs, it was all down to missing some very good chances as opposed to Barca defending well.
    Barca took over 180 mins to score against Chelsea and last season they didnt score against United, so the 60-70% possession argument is a non-starter for me, that's 1 goal in over 360 mins of football against well organised sides who allowed them to hold onto the ball. That IS unquestionably the most effective way to beat this side. Chelsea lost because they didn't take their chances, not because they didn't/couldn't create them.

Barca last year finished third in La Liga, but I assume you know this already, and so aren't comparing that side to this one obviously?

They'd the heart of their team missing this time. So judging them on 4 games, 2 of which were a different side and 1 of which they'd a host of players out/out of position, is what you're doing here? That can only be spot on sure...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.
    Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch.
    Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?
    Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.
    Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
    Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
    Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

i can assume you're not a united fan then otherwise you haven't a leg to stand on in relation to overreacting, diving and cheating. also use of the word karma in relation to another team or player when being a united fan is damn near criminal
    What exactly does being a United fan have to do with anything? He didn't even say anything about who he supports and because there's a chance he's a United fan he's not allowed to point out Anelka and Drogba's dives tonight and the disgraceful behaviour from the Chelsea players? ABU I suppose

Robbed ?

They got their just deserts for playing negative football and failing to try capitalise once they got the player advantage. Once that happened they should have gone for a second and controlled the game. Instead they were supposedly happy to sit back and defend against a 10 man team and fancied their luck to ride it out. Nobody t blame but themselves.

BTW: Never a sending off

i advise you now to go back and watch both united legs v barca last year before you make that statement.

United did that last year a pot shot from 30 yards sent ye through nearly worked tonight for chelsea except for the last minute goal. But dude seriously the ref was shocking there was at least 3 penalties to be had.

• Advertisement
Advertisement