Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website for Nikon lens compatibilities

• 03-05-2009 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi and hi!

Im getting an old manual Nikkormat (nikon lens mount)

Does anyone know of any websites that lists lenses and compatibilities with bodies. I have decided on the body but just want to make sure that when I buy a lens it is compatible. The Nikkormat I am buying is from the time when Nikon was switching from non AI to AI lenses!

Thanks if anyone can help!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The Nikkormat FTN was the first SLR I used & it's because of it that I am still shooting Nikon.

The lenses you need will have to have the Meter Coupling Shoe on them to allow the camera to meter properly. You could use lenses without it, but still with an aperture ring, but you will then need to use a seperate light meter.

Which model Nikkormat have you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Same one, FTN!

I was sorely limiting myself with budget so went for this, gets good reviews but as you said, things are a bit funny with regards to lens compatibility.

All I really want is something around a standard lens with wide aperture, again preferably something a bit old at bargain price but high quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

bythom is what you're looking for ...

Hugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

same one with pictures to identify what you have:
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility-lens.htm

Advertisement