Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queueing at Tripod: The worst ever---What is wrong with the place?

• 03-05-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Right, I arrived outside Tripod at 11.10 on friday night for a gig that was advertised as doors open at 11. At that stage the queue was apprx 500 people and barely moving. I got in to the club at 12.25. Thats an hour and 15 minutes waiting to get in. I've been to Space, Amnesia, Privelage in Ibiza where the crowd is between 8 and 15 thousand and it never took that long. It took less time to get through the crowd at Creamfields, HiFi, EP, Slane or any other gig i've ever been to.

2 girls in front of me asked the 1st bouncer who was about 50-60 people back from the actual entrance what was the delay and he grunted that that was the way it was. The girls informed him that they go to Lush most weekends, it holds twice the size crowd, they do 3 full security checks for weapons, bombs drugs etc and there is never more than than a 5-10 minute wait. Bouncer had no answer, just ignored them and when they got to the second bouncer, first bouncer pointed them out and had them very thoroughly searched.

If Lush or indeed any other decent club can process a bigger crowd in a fraction of the time then what is wrong with the staff in Tripod? Why are the Door staff so slow, arrogant and un-helpfull? Do they not realise that they are a cause of some, if not most of the problems that people experienced? As it was a ticket only event there should have been no queue worth talking about yet the imbeciles on the door, whether acting on management orders or using their own limited logic managed to create an enviornment where everyone was p!ssed off before they got near the door of the place.

Anyway,are the door staff who work in Tripod to blame, is it the managements fault or what do you think is the reason for the farce at the weekend?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60083332 - locked now but yes obviosuly there was a serious problem.

I've no idea why they do this but its another reason I just do not like Tripod. I thought they would want to be getting them in earlier and quickly so they can spend more money on Booze!

The customers should make the management aware of this and maybe it will not happen so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Daroxtar wrote: »
    The girls informed him that they go to Lush most weekends, it holds twice the size crowd, they do 3 full security checks for weapons, bombs drugs etc and there is never more than than a 5-10 minute wait.

Lush, admittedly, has the best door/security staff of any nightclub on this island. Nowhere in the south gets close to it speedwise and neither do most of the ones in the north. Those that do have way worse drugs/violence problems...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I seen the size of the crowd myself and it was the biggest ive seen in recent years,well actually the crowd at Space in Ibiza a few years back may have been bigger but we still managed to gain entry in 15 mins which is not bad all all, that's nothing short of farcical queuing for an hour and 15 mins, i was a Rave in Birmingham on NYE and there was 4,000 there an we were inside in 5 mins.

Clearly there appears to be massive issues with the bouncers in Tripod judging by the amount of posts on here and people ive spoken to, and it's something Tripod seriously need to address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Tripod is a disaster no matter what way you look at it. Underwhelming sound system, poor layout, queues for everything (doors, bar, jacks..) and just a bad vibe overall. It may be a case of rose tinted specs but the Redbox was soo much better imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

In Tripod's defence I think the sound system is great, plus ive never had to queue for the jacks/coat room.

The last two gigs ive been to there (Booka Shade + Japanese Popstars) have been excellent but I have noticed an increase in the security checks. For all those who had a rough time on Friday night I recommend you e-mail them and let your thought be known.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Great place for a concert actually...reckon it just doesn't work as a niteclub. It's sister next door is a much better place if yer looking for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

I also experienced a dreadful time in that Tripod place...over the past year I have kept giving it a second chance but Friday's Carl Cox queuing farce was the last straw. :eek:

Aside from that, I also agree that it has a shoddy soundsystem, arrogant and unprofessional doorstaff, bad atmosphere and is a horrible experience in general. All this begs the question, how is this place still even OPEN and why oh why do people still go there and put up with this crap? :confused:

I for one, will not be returning to that dive...no more second chances. :mad:

Advertisement