Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experience with Galway Counselling Studies?

Options
  • 03-05-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Considering taking up a course with them in September even though i'll be full time on placement with college. Seems pretty okay going by the website, covers all the main theoretical approaches etc but is 1550 euros for then weekends (fri and sat) run from september-march...anyone done the course or know of any one who has?

Would love some further info. Its not an introduction Im looking for as such like the ones run in GMIT but rather a certified one...

http://www.galwaycounselling.com/foundation.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've no experience of 'em.

But, instinctively, that web-site just looks dodgy. A training institution that takes PayPal? (for on-going courses that are offered to locals, not tourists). And offers views over Galway Bay and the Burren as one of the features of the location? Fees and deposits are "non returnable", is that even a word???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Yeah youre right on that! They apparently call up for an interview first to see if youre course material. Well anyone able to suggest another course then? There is a Person Centred course run by a lady called Breda but thats a bit one theory focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.galwaycounselling.com/terms.html
    GCS does not warrent or guarantee the qualifications or competence of people listed on this site or links from this site and does not recommend or endorse any of the services listed. GCS does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, correctness, validity, suitability of any information or statements made on this site nor on any links from this site

Before I paid any kind of money I talk to and research more about Norman Warden, GCS, Cnocan An Bhodaigh, Furbo, Co. Galway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement