Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters of Education

• 03-05-2009 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi there,
    Was hoping to find someone who is currently doing / has recently done a masters of Education in St. Patricks in Drumcondra.
    I recently put in an application for the part time Masters starting in Sept 2009and had a few questions Id like to ask as I'm trying to figure out if i can fully commit myself to 2 years of study as well as 8000euro of my hard earned cash!!

Just wondered:
    1) how many poeple are taken on the course each year(roughly)??
    2) Is the interview process difficult to get through and what involved?
    3) What is workload like over the 2 years?
    4) Is there any way of getting help with funding the course (apart from tax relief)?
    5) Are the essays per module hard going?
    6) is there much college support for the 20,000 word thesis in year two (the idea of which frankly scares the life out of me)
    7) what specilist subjects would you recommend? (i.e. is there an "easier" option)

thanks very much to anyone who takes the time to apply. As i dont want to commit to something i cannot complete well.

Advertisement