Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afro Samurai Blu-Ray!

Options
  • 03-05-2009 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

I've recently found out A.S is coming out on blu ray around june!
    I'm 12 and thinking of buying it could someone give a review plzz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Afro Samurai has an 18's rating, btw.

But not to tell you how to live your life, I hear Funimation's encoding to Blu-Ray was quite poor, "haunted by an annoying haze that flattens the image and softens the line art.". I assume we're getting the same version so you might be better off with cheaper DVD.
    As for Afro Samurai itself it's good enough, pretty, I was mildly entertained, but I stopped watching after 3 episodes. Review from IGN here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd say just buy the cheaper DVD of it as well... HD is a lot more suited to detailed live action rather than animation imo (I haven't exactly been wowed by any blu-ray anime I've watched anyway!)
    It's a decent enough series, maybe check out the description on animenewsnetwork and see if it sounds like something you would enjoy...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,208 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tman wrote: »
    I'd say just buy the DVD of it... HD is a lot more suited to detailed live action rather than animation imo (I haven't exactly been wowed by any blu-ray anime I've watched anyway!)
    It's a decent enough series, maybe check out the description on animenewsnetwork and see if it sounds like something you would enjoy...

Paprika ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, that was pretty good, but I watched a dvd rip of it a short while after watching the blu ray and was just as impressed really

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

tman wrote: »
    I'd say just buy the cheaper DVD of it as well... HD is a lot more suited to detailed live action rather than animation imo (I haven't exactly been wowed by any blu-ray anime I've watched anyway!)

Good high quality animation looks great on Blu-Ray.

I've been wowed by one or two, though not by all I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bloox

where can i see some examples?

Advertisement