Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm on a roll!

Options
  • 03-05-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

With the weather as it is, I've been taking the time to clear all those games that have been sitting on my shelf for the last year or more. In the last week or so, I've cleared Gears of War 1 and 2, Dead Rising, GTA IV Lost and Damned, and am just about finished with Uncharted. After that, I have half a dozen Wii games to finish, but I probably won't bother.

Most of these have been continuing from where I left them back when they were hot off the presses, Gears of War 1 for example took me about 30 mins to put to rest. But I'm still feeling a tremendous, almost misplaced sense of achievement. I'm not doing any side missions (collecting COGs or saving stupid zombie fodder) but I'm still enjoying it and now I won't feel so guilty next time I look at the new releases shelf in Gamestop :)

Anyone else go through similar clear-fests?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Search for, then download and then clear the game I Wanna Be The Guy.

Clear that game and you can truely feel proud!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I try to keep it to 1 long game and 1 or 2 action games or I'll finish nothing. I started FFIV and Mother 3, Fallout 3 and Persona 3 are all on the back burner because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I try to keep it to 1 long game and 1 or 2 action games or I'll finish nothing. I started FFIV and Mother 3, Fallout 3 and Persona 3 are all on the back burner because of it.

That's what happens to me usually. I'm happy as Larry playing a game, but then another one comes along or the weather gets a bit nicer and I drop it. But with the summer game drought kicking in (nothing I'm interested in anyway) and about a grand's worth of unfinished fun on the shelf, I thought I'd blast through them all in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Mother 3? Emulation and fan translation or has this finally been localized?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fan translation and a 3 in 1 ezflash on the DS. It's pretty damn excellent but really sad.

http://mother3.fobby.net/

Posted that the fan translation was finished but nobody seemed interested, philistines.

• Advertisement

Hmm I can always throw a snes emulator on psp, but I do have a DSTT card on the way. Another game to add to my list

Hmm I can always throw a snes emulator on psp, but I do have a DSTT card on the way. Another game to add to my list

It's a GBA game.

well i can defo put a GBA emulator on my psp. Have to check on GBA emulation using one of those flash cards.

Advertisement