Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New wireless network setup, need some help please.

• 03-05-2009 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just setup a wireless network at home through a netgear router. Its fine on the laptop and the ps3 is picking up the signal no problem. I'm stuck on the wep and wpa-psk/wpa2-psk WLAN security setting on the ps3 though. I tried to select none, but it would not allow this. Where would I get the information I need to pass this? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭techie

enviro wrote: »
    Hi, I just setup a wireless network at home through a netgear router. Its fine on the laptop and the ps3 is picking up the signal no problem. I'm stuck on the wep and wpa-psk/wpa2-psk WLAN security setting on the ps3 though. I tried to select none, but it would not allow this. Where would I get the information I need to pass this? Thanks

Login to the netgear at 192.168.1.1 and set the encryption yourself on the wireless to WPA/2 with passkey and then enter the passkey you set into the PS3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Thanks techie, I couldn't get the wpa2 option on the Ps3 though. It came up as wpa/wpa2 and only asked for the wpa key. So I just went with the wpa setting. All working fine now. Would there be much difference using the wpa setting instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

enviro wrote: »
    Thanks techie, I couldn't get the wpa2 option on the Ps3 though. It came up as wpa/wpa2 and only asked for the wpa key. So I just went with the wpa setting. All working fine now. Would there be much difference using the wpa setting instead?

WPA2 is a newer system and I doubt the PS3 will recognise it. Go with WPA its just as secure. Don't use WEP as its harder to set up, a pain in the a*se to key in the code and its very unsecure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

WPA it is then. Thanks for your help on this.

Advertisement