Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airsoft Shop

Options
  • 03-05-2009 7:37pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I heard an ad for a Airsoft shop in Cork and wouldn't mind popping in to see what they have.

Anyone know where it is?
    I *think* it was model farm road somewhere but am not sure

Cheers

Oh and Come on Leinster :)

Comments

It's down by the marina.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

On centre park road?

mik_da_man wrote: »
    On centre park road?

Yeah, I saw the sign for it outside the retail park there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

More details and directions here.

If Cork City Mods want to send this to the airsoft forum thats cool.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Something about the idea of a gun that doesn't hurt somebody just seems wrong to me. At least with paintballing you can give them a nice bruise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

Something about the idea of a gun that doesn't hurt somebody just seems wrong to me. At least with paintballing you can give them a nice bruise...

o believeme it hurts when theres a hail of pellets flying at you!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Its fine here.

Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KevH

Hey ,

Was in there a couple of weeks ago.....they have all the gear.....bought a Baby Cappa, great fun and great power.....I haven't shot it at anyone.....but I'd say it WOULD hurt if you got hit!!! :D

KeV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I was down there yesterday, there was a note on the door saying "back at 4:15". Haven't seen something like that in yonks, I nearly widdled myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

We bought a load of guns last year...I still have scares. The house was destroyed by the lads....dents all over the walls.

Just make sure you wearing googles and helmet! It does bring out blood

Sounds good :)
    I'll prob head down tmrw and have a look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Hmmm - looks like I was wrong. Why do I remember reading in an airsoft faq that they don't hurt people? Imagining things again...... :o

Well if you are a "safe" distance away maybe 10M it wont hurt too much.
    If you are any closer it will hurt a small bit.
    Not as much as paintballs though. :D

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Well if you are a "safe" distance away maybe 10M it wont hurt too much.
    If you are any closer it will hurt a small bit.
    Not as much as paintballs though. :D
    Not a chance, 10 metres brings out blood! - Obviously you must pay about 150 - 200 euro for a proper yoke, but these things do hurt! We spent a week recovering

Were you shooting in the nip or what? :P
    A legal gun (< 1 joule) at 30 feet hitting a clothed part of your body should not bring out blood. Not in my expierence anyway.

Goggles are a must though

Not really but a lot of us wore two pairs of pants lol

Yes Goggles are extremly essential. Buy the real things though, one of ours cracked on hit. Could you imagine if that was the eye.

Better off getting the full face thing and wearing a hoody or something to stop your neck getting hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I used to do this up in Currabiny(spelling?) woods many years ago. Until one day one of the lads turned up with an automatic m-16.
    Single shot pump action yokes are pretty useless from then on.
    Did it back in my fca days also but with real guns & blank bullets. Was pretty lame cause you were told by your corpral that you'd been hit at random intervals for no real reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beaniedude

I know this thread is old but I was just wondering is this shop still open? Has it got a website?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Yep, its still open and got a website at munsterairsoft.com

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Advertisement
Advertisement