Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thorntons prices greatly reduced?

• 03-05-2009 7:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Friend walked by the fitzwilliam the other day and had a look at thorntons lunch menu and noticed it has been reduced to €25 for 3 courses and that the 8 course suprise tasting menus reduced from €155 to €125.

Have the a le carte prices been reduced at the same degree?

Tasting menu is still a bit steep imho but 3 course lunch for 25 notes is seriously good value.

This time last year I paid €120+ for two lunches and a few glasses of wine for me and a friend, had a look at the menu online and TBH it looks pretty damned good even if it didn't have as many options.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Seaneh wrote: »
    Friend walked by the fitzwilliam the other day and had a look at thorntons lunch menu and noticed it has been reduced to €25 for 3 courses and that the 8 course suprise tasting menus reduced from €155 to €125.

Have the a le carte prices been reduced at the same degree?

Tasting menu is still a bit steep imho but 3 course lunch for 25 notes is seriously good value.

This time last year I paid €120+ for two lunches and a few glasses of wine for me and a friend, had a look at the menu online and TBH it looks pretty damned good even if it didn't have as many options.

8 course surprise has always been 125 eu (at least from 2007); I think that the lunch menu was introduced two years ago, same with the canape bar; the only news from this year is a pre-theatre menu at 49eu; the prices a la carte are still the same; on the other hand L'Ecrivain has greatly reduced its prices and introduced new menus at lower prices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I definately paid 50per person this time last year so thats half the old price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Seaneh wrote: »
    I definately paid 50per person this time last year so thats half the old price.

Yes, the lunch menu was reduced, the other prices are still the same though :|

Advertisement