Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im I Screwed??

Options
  • 03-05-2009 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ok so It Abou A Month Or So Til My Jcs nd i havn rly studied at al? am i screwed??
    coz i wanna b a psyhcologist bu i dnt tink i wil b coz i dnt tink il get enough points? i dnt even no if trinity or anytin go by jc results as wel as lc results

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

You're you screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

No colleges go by junior cert points. The CAO only takes LC points into account. Though with spelling like that I wouldn't count on being a psychologist either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

dont mind these people!.. god, some people love making others feel horrible, dont they?

your not screwed, you just have to work harder!..
    if you dont work harder.. THEN you're screwed:p

You're not screwed for now either way. It doesn't matter what you get in your junior cert. Some schools decide who does honours/pass with it but they can't force you so don't worry about it. Do a bit of study,try your best and then go get pissed on JC night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

i think im pretty screwed im missing nearly 2 weeks of school now but sure meh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

me-mo wrote: »
    Ok so It Abou A Month Or So Til My Jcs nd i havn rly studied at al? am i screwed??
    coz i wanna b a psyhcologist bu i dnt tink i wil b coz i dnt tink il get enough points? i dnt even no if trinity or anytin go by jc results as wel as lc results

What language is this that you speak?

Is (s)he the future?....This country is phuqed...

\gets passport...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

F1ngers wrote: »
    What language is this that you speak?

Is (s)he the future?....This country is phuqed...

\gets passport...
    its called text speak..
    give da OP a break, they just came on for advice not for an english grind..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I think you will be fine.I didnt do the junior cert and Im grand:p

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You Reap What you Sow.

Go do some studying and while you're at it contemplate the meaning of Delayed Gratification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Dante

No, you are not remotely screwed. The junior cert is nothing! Try being 4 weeks from your Leaving with no study done as I am....then you'd be ****ed.

Oh and Junior Cert has NOTHING to do with your future college course so don't worry about it, just try do well enough to stay in honours everything for the Leaving. Once you get into 5th year you'll realise how pointless the junior was. Good luck anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 smileeey

naaa dont reckon your screwed..
    you just gotta make the most of the time you have left..
    make a burst for the finish line.. it'll make all the difference..
    :D:D:D

No, you are not remotely screwed. The junior cert is nothing! Try being 4 weeks from your Leaving with no study done as I am....then you'd be ****ed.

Oh and Junior Cert has NOTHING to do with your future college course so don't worry about it, just try do well enough to stay in honours everything for the Leaving. Once you get into 5th year you'll realise how pointless the junior was. Good luck anyways!

No, you are not remotely screwed. The leaving cert is nothing! Try being 2 days from your college yearly finals with no study done as I am....then you'd be ****ed.

*cue someone saying college exams are nothing and having a work deadline this week that they've done no work for*

Leprachaun wrote: »
    No, you are not remotely screwed. The leaving cert is nothing! Try being 2 days from your college yearly finals with no study done as I am....then you'd be ****ed.
    Touché

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

You're grand boy. The day I started in 5th year all of us where comparing how good we done in the Junior cert, the teacher just told us to shut up and said that the junior cert means feck all basically.
    I normally dont mind spelling and all that , mainly cos I speel loads of stuff wrong but jaysus, that text talk ****e aint gonna look good in the junior cert english., does me bulb in. Anyways best of luck.

seanybiker wrote: »
    I normally dont mind spelling and all that , mainly cos I speel loads of stuff wrong but jaysus, that text talk ****e aint gonna look good in the junior cert english., does me bulb in. Anyways best of luck.

I could say the same about your colloquialism! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 me-mo

k Tnks Guys Nd I wont b talkn Like Dis In De Jcs I No Betr Lol
    Nd Btw Im A Gurl Nt A Lad :):) Tnks So much x.x.x

You know its a bad sign when you need a dictionary to decipher your own language sometimes.

OP, you may know better for now, but you'd be amazed how easy it is to slip up and use Text-speak in written exams. My advice? Don't use any whatsoever for 2 weeks before the junior cert. Not even on your mobile phone

Oh. and the Junior Certificate means absolutely nothing! It is only important if you intend on not doing the Leaving. But because you want to get into Trinity, the only way for you to is if you either do the Leaving or become a Janitor .. er .. -ess.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Ah guys and girls, don't be fretting your little selves!
    Did the junior 3 years ago (did transition year, now in Leaving). I didn't study any, did my homework, but not study. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's never to late to start working!
    In the end I got 2 A's and 8 B's in all honours. Was pretty happy with that.
    Am now in the leaving cert. and with no study for Christmas tests got 345, a little bit of study for the mocks got 400 points and am now studying a good bit so am pretty happy with my progress.
    Just keep working and you'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

*cue someone saying college exams are nothing and having a work deadline this week that they've done no work for*

No, you're not screwed at all. Try being 24 hours away from having to present a report on something I haven't even started looking into yet. Then you'd be really screwed.....

....man, being an Taoiseach is alot harder than I thought....

Gurl

See this, this I just don't get. The 'u' and 'i' keys are right beside each other!!!! Its just as much work to write 'girl' than it is to write 'gurl'. Can you seriously tell me what the story with that is?

I'm not major about grammar on here to be honest, but this defies all logic in my opinion, and at the risk of sounding a little insulting, it seems a little stupid to me.

• Advertisement

I could say the same about your colloquialism! :pac::pac:
    Work away. Im not doing any exams so Im not to bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Hmm from what I know about psychology....

Your name me-mo possibly shows slight childishness, using txt spk and putting capital letters at the start of each word tells me your probably.....

A 14/15 year old girl, Im guessing your a blonde? :D

Hmm from what I know about psychology the average age of Junior Cert students

tells me your probably.....

A 14/15 year old girl? :D

fixed that for ya,

peanuthead wrote: »
    fixed that for ya,
    Good fix there. Poor young one getting grilled. Fair enough the text speak wrecks me bulb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

i hate to be a spelling nazi, but:
    coz i wanna b a psyhcologist bu i dnt tink i wil b coz i dnt tink il get enuf points? i dnt even no if trinity or anytin go by jc results as wel as lc results

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

RGDATA! wrote: »
    i hate to be a spelling nazi, but:
    Lol, you'll never be a spelling nazi if you had to go that far into the post to find a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

me-mo: Text speak isn't allowed on this forum, please type in English!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

peanuthead wrote: »
    fixed that for ya,
    :confused:
    But I got this paper here that say Im a Psycho? Doesn't that mean Psychologist?

:pac:

• Advertisement

You think you're screwed?

Try stitching someone up only to realise you can't find your watch.

Yeah, I imagine it would pretty much suck to be that guy.

Advertisement