Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaf C&C

• 03-05-2009 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Think I have figured out how to upload an image. Any constructive criticism is welcome - be gentle, its my first time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Well - I guess people were so gentle with their C&C that they forgot to add it :D

I missed it myself first time around and literally just viewed it now. Probably a good idea to post your image inline rather than as a link (we tend to be lazy sometimes around here) - and maybe to resize before you upload. Another hint is to open a pix.ie account - it's free and the pix.ie guys have a forum option to copy and paste the proper code for this forum at acceptable sizes.

As for C&C - Well personally i have to say I really like it. Currently, i'm doing the b/w thing so anything of that genre is finding good favour with me. But I do like your conversion - a touch more contrast perhaps but pffftttt i'm only being picky at that. I'd hate for any further contrast to lose any detail in the highs or lows.

I love the detail in the leaf and the rain drops on it. While its definition isn't quite clear at 100% viewing, you aren't going to view it like that in reality and in 'fit to screen' mode it looks great.

I like the composition of the leaf and i'm drawn to the clover in the grass too - subtle and nice (i'm not sure whether you intended it that way or not but i do like it).

To be critical, the leaf in my humble opinion is way too centered. Bang smack in the middle actually. Thats one of the 'rules' that you start with - 'make sure subject is in the center of the frame/compositon' and once you've learned it, you will promptly find out that you can get much more visually interesting compositions and aesthetics from shifting the subject off center.

My monitor isn't calibrated but I'm detecting a little vignetting which i love - again i'm a sucker for that type of processing (so you either intended it or it's my crappy laptop monitor that i must be getting used to :) )

Good stuff and well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I like the central composition, the leaf asked for that. I am missing some highlights. Check your histogram, it could be nice to see some sparkling whites in the water drops (me thinks).
    Keep on posting, it'll get more and more interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jeremah1977

Thanks guys.

The clover in the background was on purpose. Really into the B&W at the minute too. Gives almost every picture a depth and interest.

As for the vignetting - totally accidental if there at all.

I'm going to get right onto the pix.ie advice.

Advertisement