Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sei gas heating upgrade question

Options
  • 03-05-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Not sure if this is in the right forum but here goes.

I got a local sei registered contarctor to quote me for the boiler and controls upgrade.
    He told me that as the hot press is so far away that it may be better to just change the boiler and forget the grant.He quoted me €1500 to change this to what sounded like a maxi but he must have meant a baxi as thats the only one i can find.
    Then when i asked me about the cylinder 30 gallon? he saidthat to run the pipes 18 ft stright and 10 ft at right hand bend to create 2 zones,1 for heating and one for water would cost €3200 total inc. boiler -700 for grant and extra if i wanted to change the cylinder for a insulated one(€150).

Am i been ripped off do you think?Does this sound right?
    Is there more worked involved which i am not aware off?

How is the KW calculated for the boiler?House is approx 1600 ft sq.

Kind Regards,

Kieran

All info appreciated.

Advertisement