Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Please Read** Match Tickets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭murpheous81

dingbat wrote: »
    So you're a ticket tout. Fair enough. At least be honest with yourself about it.

Dear Ding Dong, sorry Ding Bat,

I am being totally honest,yes I believe in the capitalistic system that exists, show me another that works. You are the one putting a label on me, hence defining me by some term you think is derogatory. There is nothing wrong I believe with charging what you can get, note I did not say as much as you can get, for a ticket.

So Ding Bat, IF you owned a business you are telling me that you would not add to the wholesale price of the product you were selling,hence inflating the price to the same price that your competitors are selling at or Touting as you like to put it.

If it was the other way around i.e. Leinster were the successful team etc etc and Munster won at the weekend, then you can be as sure as a rainy irish summer that the situation for tickets would be reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Fair enough, I suppose people have to get their kicks somewhere. But I think anyone is a fool not to sell a ticket at the market rate.

Well if one wished to sell a ticket at what you call the market rate, I'd suggest you find a site outside this one to do so.

You may have realised by now that selling tickets for any event above their face value is seriously frowned on on this site.

pithater1 wrote: »
    Well if one wished to sell a ticket at what you call the market rate, I'd suggest you find a site outside this one to do so.

You may have realised by now that selling tickets for any event above their face value is seriously frowned on on this site.

Dear pithater1

WTF. HAVE YOU NOT READ ANY OF MY PREVIOUS POSTS. I AM NOT SELLING OR AIMING TO SELL A TICKET ON THIS FORUM. God read the whole thread.

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE while you are at it.

ROLE
    –noun
    1. a part or character played by an actor or actress.
    2. proper or customary function: the teacher's role in society.
    3. Sociology. the rights, obligations, and expected behavior patterns associated with a particular social status.

I still think u should have said thats how i ROLL!!!

thats how i roll!

Hope my spelling correction can put your mind at ease and you can move on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Just a warning to any fans trying to get tickets from English links there is a warning on the Tigers forum about a con artist who is going around trying to catch people out and they said he's done it to Munster fans over the years.
    I've just signed up to the site in order to warn you about the above scumbag. He's a very well known ticket scammer. If you Google his mobile number which is 07729901208, you will see what I mean.

He's ripped people off with regard to all sorts of events, footy games, concert tickets etc. I know that a few Munster fans were caught by him last year.

This fella has been done by Greater Manchester Police, and had a further warning earlier this year, but he's a compulsive con artist, and he won't stop.

He'll also be very well aware that Leinster fans will be desperately trying to get hold of tickets by any means.

Sometimes, if you post on a forum looking for tickets, and you publish your phone number, he'll just cold call you, as he did me last year. He's a very polite and amiable sounding Manc, but don't let this fool you. He'll take your money first, and you'll see no tickets.

He may also approach you via private message if he's registered on the site, or even email. He's got a several differing names and email accounts, but normally uses the same mobile number for all his dealings.

There's also the possibility that he'll post offering tickets for sale.

I don't want you to feel alarmist about all of this, I just don't want see anyone else get conned by this swine.

If any members on this forum read this, and are members of any fringe Leicster forums, I'd seriously appreciate it if you could post this information on them.

He also goes by the email address : blue_wkd62@hotmail.co.uk or tommy.smith80@live.co.uk and has gone by the name Tommy Smith. Has scammed Celtic, Villa, Man U etc etc. Be careful out there - if in doubt - do not buy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Burren Chernobyl Project (a registered Irish charity) are raffling 2 tickets for the HC Final. Raffle tickets are €5 each and the draw takes place on Tuesday May 12th. The link to their site is http://www.mycharity.ie/event/heineken/ in case anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Hi Guys,

Anyone know when these tickets come out and where you can buy them?

I know they come out a nice bit in advance but no idea when or where...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

colman1212 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Anyone know when these tickets come out and where you can buy them?

I know they come out a nice bit in advance but no idea when or where...

Come off it - no idea?, just google rugby world cup and you get this - http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/ which has links to ticketing
    Ticketing

Rugby New Zealand 2011 Ltd (RNZ 2011) is in the process of developing the ticketing strategy for RWC 2011. It anticipates releasing details of the ticketing programme towards the end of 2009.

Tickets will go on sale globally in early 2010.

Ticket pricing will reflect the stature of the tournament as the biggest sporting event in the world in 2011. It is expected that prices will be similar to those from RWC 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

IRFU supporters club would have to get the heads up for the ticket release wouldn't they?

There's a few of us seriously considering the trip over... along with 30-40,000 others no doubt :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thesweeney

Can you sell tickets at face value on here? Just wondering cos I know someone that cant make it to game and is looking to get rid of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thesweeney

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

Your planning well in advance :) . should have a rugby world cup boards piss up for people heading down there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

johnnyc wrote: »
    Your planning well in advance :) . should have a rugby world cup boards piss up for people heading down there

Yeah and maybe Jabba can buy those pints he owes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Message from the mods of the soccer tickets forum:

Forum charter

Sticky thread in block capitals saying NO OFF THREAD DEALING! NO PMs or MOBILES

Read the above threads before posting on the forum, or you risk a permanent ban

I hope the rugby mods appreciate the circumstances, as I've had to ban quite a few people already who didn't read the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Right, I just got a Leinster season ticket, looking forward to the start of everything.

Am trying to find out what the story is when it comes to internationals? I go in some kind of a lottery, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

gosplan wrote: »
    Right, I just got a Leinster season ticket, looking forward to the start of everything.

Am trying to find out what the story is when it comes to internationals? I go in some kind of a lottery, no?

Yeah there is a lottery for all the 6n and AI's at the same time. Most people get tickets to one game. Although, in my experience, they always are for the least "fashionable" game. Say Italy this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

gosplan wrote: »

tickets for the Autumn Internationals available here if anyone is interested.... http://www.irishrugby.ie/21_12789.php

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

Tickets on ticketmaster for the Heineken Cup - Leinster V Scarlets home game on Dec 19 if anyone is interested

Dubal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mwaters

Hi,

WHat age do Junior price tickets go up to on Ticketmaster? Will my 6 yr old nephew be able to avail of them?

Thanks,

mwaters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

My Wife has asked for tickets to the Munster v Northants Heineken match for Christmas but its not clear if they are members only or just not available yet ?

Anyone know what the story is ?

A

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Andip wrote: »
    My Wife has asked for tickets to the Munster v Northants Heineken match for Christmas but its not clear if they are members only or just not available yet ?

A

My guess these will not be available to the public, rugby clubs in Munster and the Munster rugby supporters club usually get HEC match tickets, ML tickets would often become available on ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Looking for 3 ticks for London Irish game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Looking for 3 ticks for London Irish game

Then go buy them, they're on general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

danthefan wrote: »
    Then go buy them, they're on general sale.
    Not for non season ticket holders, they're not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Not for non season ticket holders, they're not.

Try the London Irish website.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Andip wrote: »

A

These are available to members on the Saints website now, you might be able to register and buy in the one go, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Lads, looking for some info. Will be working in Paris the weekend the Irish match is on, and may (will make bloody sure to :D ) get time off to get to the game. Anyone been before and is it easy to pick up tickets over there? I'll probably be working til 2 and get the Metro across town, so won't have much time before the game to go hunting for tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭newbie85

Zzippy i haven't been before but was wondering just how terrible the really cheap tickets for stade are? like would we see the game? or should we just fork out for more expensive tickets?
    Heres a site we're looking at buying them off tomorrow!!
    http://ffr.francebillet.com/place-spectacle/manifestation/Rugby-FRANCE---IRLANDE-FRIR0.htm

Hope it helps!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Will they post to Ireland?

Advertisement