Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speed camera and change of address question.

• 03-05-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey,

Question about speed cameras.

Yesterday there was a gardai car on the side of the road with two guards outside and a camera on a tripod, one of the guards was looking through the visor on the camera. It was a 60 zone and I'm not exactly sure if I was doing 60. Now the question is are those cameras taking photos or do they have to stop you at the post? I've just changed my address and send the papers for the car on friday so it will not get changed anytime soon probably. If I got caught will I get the ticket by post on my old address? I can't pick my mail from there anymore so what to do in this situation? Or since they didn't stop me on the spot maybe it will all be fine?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

if it was on a tri pod it was probaly conected to a recorder in the car and they wouldnt have to pull you in.

but if you sent in your details already it will prob be changed before the speeding ticket hits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ziewacz

Thanks for the reply.

Last time when they got me with tha they stopped me (but i was on a bike) but they were also stopping cars while I was chatting with them. As for the time I got the ticket in 5 days and somehow I doubt I will get my address changed in motor tax office that fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

ziewacz wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Last time when they got me with tha they stopped me (but i was on a bike) but they were also stopping cars while I was chatting with them. As for the time I got the ticket in 5 days and somehow I doubt I will get my address changed in motor tax office that fast.

Honest advice is change it immediatly. If the ticket remains unpaid a summons will be generated within the 6 months statute of limitations. The summons will be served on your new address once a check is done.

You will be summonsed to court and receive 4 points and a fine. You have no defence as the ticket could not be delievered as you had not informed the Motor taxation office of your change of address.
    Hope this helps
    NGA

Advertisement