Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corset Piercing

Options
  • 03-05-2009 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Just wondering if anyone here has gotten corset/ladder piercings or knows of anyone who has done them? and if so, how much it cost, and did they heal?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm not sure how much they cost, but these are generally a show piercing, they're just put in for shoots or exhibitions and then taken back out. They wouldn't be a long term piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Yeah as toots said they're only a short term piercing, very short term i.e a hours at most

I saw a girl at the dublin tattoo convention last year with them in, her back was messed up because she thought she could heal them, scars and keloids were visible and just wasn't pretty.

No clue about price tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rachellally

I know that they're generally just for shows etc. but Ive heard they can heal (I'll bet with alot of patience), obviously not beng threaded all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If you lay flat on your tummy and didn't move for a few months they may have a chance at healing but other than that I doubt you'd have very much success.

Think about it, you move your back all the time, even lying down your back will never be 100% motionless, moving your head your back will follow suit like your shoulders. Regardless of whether they are threaded or not with ribbon or whatever.

Any piercer who tells you they will heal is a cowboy and out for your money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I know that they're generally just for shows etc. but Ive heard they can heal (I'll bet with alot of patience), obviously not beng threaded all the time.

Not just patience- perfect health (surface piercings are a pain to heal), sacrifices (no lying on your back for a very long time), risk (all it takes is one to reject and your corset is wrecked- and your back will most likely be scarred), and yes, patience- you'll probably have to stagger the piercings, as it's very, very hard to heal a bunch of surface piercings at once, which means waiting months if not years to see your corset complete. And that's if they don't start to reject before that even happens.

They will require constant care. Surface piercings are notoriously crusty and lymph-y while healing. Even a surface piercing that seems healed can decide it's going to make a break for it if it gets irritated, or you get sick, or it gets a bad thump. It's up to you but all the stories I've heard so far indicate that most people end up with a scarred back and a few semi-healed surface piercings, if they're lucky. Backs just don't lend themselves well to permanent piercings...

Edit: So help me, one of these days I'll get my reply in before Will does!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rachellally

LOL, nasty, right, thats that out then :-)
    thanks people

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Will wrote: »

I saw a girl at the dublin tattoo convention last year with them in

hmmmmm.... think i know who you're talking about there! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I know this girl, thought she could heal them. One rejected and is rotting a hole in her back. Silly girl.

Wouldn't even bother trying OP.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Kersmash wrote: »
    I know this girl, thought she could heal them. One rejected and is rotting a hole in her back. Silly girl.

Wouldn't even bother trying OP.

Oh good jebus! that sounds pretty horrific! I'd love to get one just for a couple of hours, one or two pics and then take it out. I've just got horrible images of trying to heal one up and getting one of the rings caught in a bra strap or something *shudder*

Advertisement