Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry from eBay & Vodafone

• 04-05-2009 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

These are most likely quite stupid questions, but that's nothing new for me. I am thinking of getting a Blackberry as I'd like better access to my email. I can't get the handset from Vodafone as I only recently got an upgrade (an LG Viewty which I hate already). I had a Blackberry in my last job, and while it was definitely a business phone, it was one of the most usable phones I've ever used.

So - my questions are:

1) If I add the Blackberry services to my Vodafone account, can I get any Blackberry, or are there any restrictions on what models can be used with Vodafone? The 8820 looks pretty good, although a camera would be nice. Not planning to spend more than €100.

2) My internet speed with my work Blackberry was pretty good, can I expect the same or better with Vodafone, or does it make a difference that I was on a private work network?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

In case anyone is interested, I just rang Vodafone - their package only covers email, so internet access would be charged at the local rate. €20 a month seems pretty expensive for emails only. Any blackberry will work, they just need the IMEI.

Advertisement