Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do mods read the posts before closing them?

Options
  • 04-05-2009 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

WTF Mr Magnolia? DID you bother to read the full text of the post where the a member wanted to buy his nephew some wine as an investment/ future present.

Its a common practice to buy wine as an "investment" present and is a pretty good idea. Same could be done for buying art?

Please do your job and read the full text, use some common sense and if you want to close a thread you should see what the boards.ie public opinion is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

You would get a much quicker response if you were to link to the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Thanks MAJD.
    WTF Mr Magnolia? DID you bother to read the full text of the post where the a member wanted to buy his nephew some wine as an investment/ future present.
    Yes I do believe Mr M. read the entire one post, and his action to close that thread was correct.
    Its a common practice to buy wine as an "investment" present and is a pretty good idea. Same could be done for buying art?
    Correct, it is. The difference here is in a) the title of the thread: Help me get my young nephew drinking...!
    and b) the fact that you are talking about buying alcohol for a minor.

You are very new here with only 3 posts to your credit. I would highly recommend you take some time to see how Boards work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=294840

That's a link to the B/W/S charter (written, coincidentally and many moons ago, by me.)

The problem with the thread on buying a bottle to lay down for a minor is that it skirts the issue of underage drinking that is stamped on heavily in that forum. Plus the original poster didn't approach it very sensibly given his thread title. Perhaps if he himself were to PM Mr Magnolia regarding reopening the thread, after an edit to remove the allegedly humorous reference to drinking minors, and simply ask for a recommendation for a bottle of wine around the €30 mark that would survive being laid down for 15 years without turning to vinegar - then the B/W/S mods might allow the query.

Advertisement