Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sophos on UCD Connect

Options
  • 04-05-2009 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Seems to be gone? I am trying to get it from an off campus location. Does anyone know if it is no longer being provided for students or whats the jazz? I cant find it on the IT Services tab any more, would anyone have a copy of the UCD specific installer that they could mail to me? Or better still a link to somewhere I could download it (assuming there still is one).

Looking for the windows and mac version!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I noticed that too - too bad I deleted the installers for both windows and mac after I use them. I finally decided to put it on the mac for fear of being blamed for carrying Win32 viruses around - I'm not sure how much nefarious activity a virus can do on a Mac without being authorized by the user. I'm using ClamAV to scan my Linux-powered Acer One.

You may be able to go to the My UCD page, click customize connect and look for the Sophos channel in the catalog, but I haven't tried it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Red Alert wrote: »
    You may be able to go to the My UCD page, click customize connect and look for the Sophos channel in the catalog, but I haven't tried it myself.
    Yep, it works; it's under the 'Computing' category. Thanks Red Alert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Good man Red Alert!

I always completely ignored the customise connect option, just like i tried to avoid connect altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

or just go to Home->Software Downloads. should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Truckle the uncivil, love the name

Sophos is causing serious probs on various computers, I had to go into ILTG and get mine taken off and they give you a different one cos it was screwing up my laptop. Might be better off just running in to them and getting them to throw it on for you

• Advertisement
Advertisement