Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recently Got

• 04-05-2009 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

I recently got a fujifilm finepix S3 pro with a Nikon ED AF NIKKOR 80-200mm 1:2.8 lens.

Are these actually any good? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

I remember reading something about this camera having greater dynamic range than any other digital. So yeah, sounds pretty good. How do you mean you just "got" it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

A family member gave it to me as they got a newer camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

you'll find that is the lens the one that takes the picture, not the camera
    and you have a great lens!
    some other day you may need to upgrade your camera, but not that lens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Well you could check it's dpreview review: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms3pro/

Hmn well it only got an "above average" four years ago. But eh - you got a lens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

That above average thing.. The pictures it takes are brillaint.

It is horribile with batteries though, I mean.. They last about 20 minutes, take about 6 hours to charge.

I might buy some better rechargeable ones in argos now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

At the time that camera was seen as a great wedding camera as it gave great photos but didn't have good speed. It's also got the integrated vertical shutter release as far as I remember, which is very handy for portraiture, but makes the camera bulky.

If you don't like it you can always pass it onto me. ;) If you got these for free you are a lucky individual indeed.

The lens is not a particularly new one as far as I know, but it's still a good one, and fast too.

Good luck with them.

Smokey

Advertisement