Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing a dollar cheque?

Options
  • 04-05-2009 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

I have a dollar cheque for about 800 dollars, i would want to cash it and get dollars,

Is there anyway i can cash it for dollars without having to cash it for euros and then getting robbed by changing it back into dollars again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not really, no. It'll have to be lodged into your account (and to do that it'll be converted into euro), and then cleared (which can take anything up to a few weeks).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Corholio wrote: »
    I have a dollar cheque for about 800 dollars, i would want to cash it and get dollars,

Is there anyway i can cash it for dollars without having to cash it for euros and then getting robbed by changing it back into dollars again?

Ask a buddy in USA to lodge it to his a/c and wait until it clears. Post back the cash. Wouldn't recommend it for numerous reasons.

Otherwise open a USD a/c with one of the banks and still get charged a percentage to take out the money in dollars.

A chicken and egg moment to be honest.

Advertisement