Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bidding process

Options
  • 04-05-2009 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

i'm a first time buyer and recently viewed an apartment i liked and made an offer, which was 20% below the asking price. the estate agent said he'd be back to me the next day after he'd spoke to the owner. that was 10 days ago and i havent heard anything. i dont want to ring the estate agent and so appear too eager to buy but i want to know one way or the other. i thought it wa a buyers market and yet i'm not in control of the situation at all. the property in question would be my first choice and i dont feel like i can submit bids on other properties until i know what the situation is. any advice on how to best approach this would be greatly appreciated?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

You could ring the estate agent and ask. At the same time let them know that your offer is time limited. Set a date, by which time if you haven't heard back, you will move on and stick to it.

Advertisement