Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer can't find Sat Nav

Options
  • 04-05-2009 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

I've just registered a nuvi 255w ,but when I attached the unit to the computer to "find device" nothing happens. Been attached for 20 minutes now and nothing. Any solutions please.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

More than likely a driver issue.
    Have you installed the software that came with the unit?
    After you attach it goto devicie manager & search for new hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I've just registered a nuvi 255w ,but when I attached the unit to the computer to "find device" nothing happens. Been attached for 20 minutes now and nothing. Any solutions please.

Could also be a doggy cable or USB port, did you try in another PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

it shows up in My Computer, but I'm on the garmin site to register it and its been trying to "Find Device" for ages. Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

it shows up in My Computer, but I'm on the garmin site to register it and its been trying to "Find Device" for ages. Any ideas

Did you let it install the browser plugin properly?

You could try using a different browser if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Think so. Ive rattled off an email to Garmin support, so I'll wait for a while before tackling it again. I'm sick of looking at it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement