Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport Users Forum?

Options
  • 04-05-2009 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

This is my first post to this site and the reason I have decided to is because I am becoming increasingly *****d off with the unending disregard that (mainly Dublin) transport operators have for their customers.

They act like they should not have to maintain high levels of service just because they hold a monopoly and/or are state-supported. I have never complained, mainly because by the time I get home from work I lost the momentum to complain that i was 20 mins late for work because the only three buses in the hour were scheduled within in 30 mins of each other and actually all came late at the same time.

In addition to this most passengers don't really know when their bus is scheduled to pass their nearest stop because the time-tables only detail the time leave the departure point. This is convenient for drivers who only have to leave the departure point on time and if they're not going back to the depot then take all the time they want en route.

When was the last time anybody saw an inspector making sure the drivers were doing their job!

The situation on the DART and other modes are just as bad, and the public only seem to moan about it, whereas if they were to get together the would stand some chance of getting these lazy and wasteful monopolies to change.

What do people thing? I know I went on a little rant about some examples of my own dissatisfactions but if people could come up with suggestions for improvements and ideas for creating a passenger organisation with some clout post them up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

There's a need for this, not just for Dublin either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

When was the last time anybody saw an inspector making sure the drivers were doing their job!

Yesterday on my route i noticed a staff car hidden up Denmark st another parked in Ballywaltrim cemetary and i was contacted once during my 100 minutes journey to make sure all well.

What else do you want a strip search at Foxrock church for my hidden Mp3 player?

Tell us the route in question..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

short of driving down the pavement , its not easy for drivers to do anything about getting delayed in traffic.I cant think of a single reason why a driver would want to be late on purpose just to have ill-informed and unthinking passengers moaning at him.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 woodsl

i can't think of any reason why they'd want to be late either, but they are. i've been standing at the dart station while the bus i'm waiting for sits up the road until (frequently, not always) five minutes after its scheduled departure time (Bray Station by the way). Joke. And often it's because they're chatting to their driver mates or the bloody inspectors themselves. The whole system needs to be torn apart and rebuilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

99% of the time lateness will never be down to a driver why would a driver be late when is either finished when he reached his destination or having a break

• Advertisement
Advertisement