Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking money out of bank account in the UK?

Options
  • 04-05-2009 8:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an ulster bank account in Ireland. Wondering if I could take money out of this account in the UK? Not just from the ATM, but say a bigger amount.

thanks,
    J

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You probably would in a branch in Northern Ireland, but I don't think you'll be able to in mainland UK.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ulster Bank are owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland, so you could ask in an RBS branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Technically Ulster Bank / RBS run the same IT platform as each other it would be possible but operationally would be a total different story as effectively you are dealing with two different currencies. The quickest medium to take money out from a IRL a/c in the UK is by the ATM.

Advertisement