Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fine Gael Candidate

• 04-05-2009 8:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Who is the well known person Fine Gael is going to put forward in one pf the Duiblin constituences today? Could it be Pat Kenny?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

As if Brussels isn't boring enough without Pat Kenny being there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Ship him off to Europe 1 way so we don't have to deal with him anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its Brian O'Driscoll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Echelle wrote: »
    Who is the well known person Fine Gael is going to put forward in one pf the Duiblin constituences today? Could it be Pat Kenny?

More Importantly, who cares!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

A blueshirt to join the browshirts and blackshirts of Brussels. How can this not be a good idea?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

It won't be Pat Kenny, he's got his new current affairs program on RTÉ coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Dartz wrote: »
    A blueshirt to join the browshirts and blackshirts of Brussels. How can this not be a good idea?

Eh we're talking about the Dail by-election here.

Gerry mc Cann?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Podge. Nah, too liberal. Rodge maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

They say it's 'well known' so it can't be Enda Kenny anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Seán Kelly.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Dustin the turkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Fine Gael seem to have a fondness for celebrity candidates lately- John O'Mahoney in Mayo, Sean Kelly in Munster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Got to be someone from Boards.ie.;)

galwayrush wrote: »
    Got to be someone from Boards.ie.;)

We'll nominate galwayrush

Saibh wrote: »
    We'll nominate galwayrush

I'm honest at least, i'll only do it for the money and expenses. :D

galwayrush wrote: »
    I'm honest at least, i'll only do it for the money and expenses. :D

No money I'm afraid to tell you ... you'll have to do it for free.

Do you still want the job?

Saibh wrote: »
    No money I'm afraid to tell you ... you'll have to do it for free.

Do you still want the job?

OK:)

According to todays irish Times its going to be George 'The Economy's Fooked' Lee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I have it on good authority that it's to be Brendan O Carroll. His unique brand of smut is seen to be exactly what's needed to get people rejuvenated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

His mother was a candidate at one time in the past I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Aidric wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that it's to be Brendan O Carroll. His unique brand of smut is seen to be exactly what's needed to get people rejuvenated.

LOL thats funny except that he never seems to vote. I lived in his area for a while his ballot was never ticked off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

George Lee

I'm telling you, he's the man or i'll eat my cat.

I could have a cat

Well whoever it is they should have an easy run against the FF candidate. Apparently Shay Brennan, son of the late Seamus, is running for FF. Normally you'd imagine he'd be a shoe-in for his fathers Dail seat but the thing is, he works for Anglo Irish. Methinks poor Shay is going to take a lot of abuse from forlorn shareholders in well heeled south County Dublin.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Honestly like, who cares apart from the FG spin doctors trying to whip up some public opinion and media interest ??? :confused:
    FF/FG they're both the same, both steeped in nepotistic political favours and backward mongoloid candidates. Both have only their own interests at heart and neither give a flying fúck about the Irish people nor the state itself, nor did they ever. They can put as many young femine looking male candidates up as they want, they're still shít. Neither FF nor FG have ANYTHING whatsoever to offer the Irish people, nothing...

Tis George Lee alright, just heard it confirmed on the radio and its here too
    http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/george-lee-to-contest-byelection-for-fine-gael-409507.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

RATM wrote: »
    Tis George Lee alright, just heard it confirmed on the radio and its here too
    http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/george-lee-to-contest-byelection-for-fine-gael-409507.html

Darn pity it not the general elections!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Biggins wrote: »
    Darn pity it not the general elections!

Well it is a bye-election for a TD seat so it's a step in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Mr Lee, a so called "economic analyst" and reporter at RTE since 1992, has become increasingly high-profile in recent years with his constant whining and his "I told you so" smugness when the country had gone in the shítter.

Fixed their spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They should have had Armitage Shanks.

Id say he'll give Shay Brennan a good run for his money. The media will no doubt portray it as the Economist (Lee:RTE) who predicted the end of the boom versus the Banker (Brennan:Anglo Irish) who fecked up the boom.

Regardless of whether you like or hate George Lee you've got to admit this is a ballsy move. He's giving up a cushy number at RTE to take a risk on an election. Would be terrible ironic if Lee finds himself without a job or a Dail seat come June 6th:eek:

Advertisement