Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David McSavage outside BT's

Options
  • 04-05-2009 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Anyone see David McSavage outside Brown Thomas on Saturday?? He was halarious...he drew a massive crowd..he was not sitting on the fence when it came to taking the p%** out of people but everyone took it well and it was very different and funny....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Yeah seen bits of him alright, He was down at the kings head before that. Him slagging people was a alot funnier than his act.

There was one very funny part when he was at the kings head where he had been slagging a few people then a punk rocker type guy walks past, and McSavage just looked at him and there was a bit of abuse thrown.

He is hated on boards though (not sure why), and anytime I've seen him on TV he has been awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Oh no, I missed him. Fcek it:mad:
    I think he's great, I love it when he takes the mick out of the dub accent.
    The funniest thing used to be watching him on the Late, Late Show and Pat Kenny looking all nervous 'cos he didn't know what the hell he'd say next....
    Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

My friend watched him for a bit, she thought he wasn't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Ha ha! He's had to take his "act" to Galway cos he gets maggots thrown on him in Dublin!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

He is hated on boards though (not sure why), and anytime I've seen him on TV he has been awful.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055384722&highlight=david+mcsavage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

There is something earlier than that in the thunder dome, pretty sure mcsavage was rowing with degsy or something, no idea how it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

There is something earlier than that in the thunder dome, pretty sure mcsavage was rowing with degsy or something, no idea how it started.

Unfortunately that thread was deleted, one of the funniest threads on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

tomby wrote: »
    Anyone see David McSavage outside Brown Thomas on Saturday?? He was halarious...he drew a massive crowd..he was not sitting on the fence when it came to taking the p%** out of people but everyone took it well and it was very different and funny....

Hello Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Saw him at the Evergreen pitch too, he was fairly mild in his abuse for the bit I saw him, and was entertaining the very drunk bunch outside Coili's ;)
    I have found some of his telly stuff quite clever in the past, and think he's sharp enough.
    However it is one thing to hurl abuse (however funny) at folks who have paid into a comedy gig, and have 'consented' as such to be treated to a bit of sadistic slaggin'! It is another thing to go over the line with people/kids walking down the street at an intersection where no one asked for it.
    A slag is one thing, abuse is another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Galway used to have good street performers. Remember the old guy with the pair of tiny cymbals who shouted at you whether or not you gave him money? He was awesome. Now look at us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Sarky wrote: »
    Galway used to have good street performers. Remember the old guy with the pair of tiny cymbals who shouted at you whether or not you gave him money? He was awesome. Now look at us.

He's still around, usually outside (on the windowsill) of that shoe shop (Zerop or something) on the corner opposite Lynch's Castle. Nice enough guy actually, don't mind throwing him some change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

We have a couple of exceptional buskers (musicians mainly tho) and a lot of crappy ones!
    Give it a couple of months and they'll be every 10 feet.

I have a lot of respect for the folks out all year though, good or bad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I cannot believe that we missed this massive cultural event. Not mentioned in the National news. I checked again and it isn't even in the Advertiser. In fact if it weren't for his incredibly bad run on boards I don't think that I would ever hear from him again now that the TV is all dried up.

Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

McSavage. There are more entertaining lifeforms residing undiscovered on the bottom of the ocean floor than that one trick tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ShineadyRyan

Hahaha he was hilarious.. I work in BT's and I kept sliding out the back to the door so I could see what was going on. Gas man. Does he do it every yr? I remember when i was doing the junior cert he was doing the same thing except down by the kings head. So funny, he just doesn't give a **** :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Oi Mc Savage we know your still lurking....

P.S. you still suck.

Oh no, I missed him. Fcek it:mad:
    I think he's great, I love it when he takes the mick out of the dub accent.
    The funniest thing used to be watching him on the Late, Late Show and Pat Kenny looking all nervous 'cos he didn't know what the hell he'd say next....
    Hilarious
    Hahaha he was hilarious.. I work in BT's and I kept sliding out the back to the door so I could see what was going on. Gas man. Does he do it every yr? I remember when i was doing the junior cert he was doing the same thing except down by the kings head. So funny, he just doesn't give a **** :D

Who knew he had so many accounts on here. :D

Seriously though, McSavage is one fo the lowest forms of human excrement that this world has ever produced. He is'nt he least bit funny and is under the impression that shouting childish abuse at normal every day people is a form of comedy. I don't think he would recognise wit if he was bent over and anally raped by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

is under the impression that shouting childish abuse at normal every day people is a form of comedy.

There's a grubby old drunk who sits by the Oscar Wilde bench most days that does it for free. No need to throw change at anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Shaniev

Who knew he had so many accounts on here. :D

Seriously though, McSavage is one fo the lowest forms of human excrement that this world has ever produced. He is'nt he least bit funny and is under the impression that shouting childish abuse at normal every day people is a form of comedy. I don't think he would recognise wit if he was bent over and anally raped by it.

its comedy and makes people laugh can you explain why he is the lowest form of human excrement that this world has ever produced?

Shaniev wrote: »
    its comedy and makes people laugh can you explain why he is the lowest form of human excrement that this world has ever produced?

Comedy is defined as

A dramatic work that is light and often humorous or satirical in tone and that usually contains a happy resolution of the thematic conflict.
    b. The genre made up of such works.
    2. A literary or cinematic work of a comic nature or that uses the themes or methods of comedy.
    3. Popular entertainment composed of jokes, satire, or humorous performance.
    4. The art of composing or performing comedy.
    5. A humorous element of life or literature: the human comedy of political campaigns.
    6. A humorous occurrence.

None of which Dave McSavage is guilty of. Sure he makes one or two people laugh but looking at random people in the street and insulting their appearence is not comedy. It's in fact a form of bullying. And being blunt looking at McSavage one really has to ask just how he can justify insulting others when you consider just how hideous he is. He's like a deformed version of Glen Hansard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

Shaniev wrote: »

Well I would say anyone who tries to be funny by picking on random people and trying to bully them is scum, if he didn't hide under the guise of a "comedian" people would just call him an ars.ehole. And to make it even worse he's one of the Andrews clan, "comedians" in another sense of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Darko, you don't like him - we get it. Please clean up your language.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

McSavage is a cretinous ballbag of the highest order and is deeply unfunny. He is simply a bully.

His idea of comedy is to stand there and humiliate ordinary people just walking down the street over a PA system. The fact that he has a crowd of labotimised slack jawed drooling yokels standing in front of him guffawing at his "jokes" usually means that he does not get the slap in the puss he deserves from the poor sod he has just humiliated. They normally just want to get out of there as quickly as possible without causing a scene. I'd love if he took the piss out of me in public. He would be on his arse in seconds holding his fat mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

Have seen him quite a few times on Shop Street and thought he had the odd funny line. However most of his comedy is, as somebody else has pointed out, just bullying people who are walking past and havent a clue whats going on. Its totally different to slagging a heckler or even somebody who has gone to see your act and knows what to expect.

A few years ago he had to cut his show short as the boyfriend of a girl he slagged off was fuming and wanted to have it out with him. He basically shouted at the girl that people like her shouldnt wear tight tops and something about her belly hanging out. Such intelligent comedy. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

So,mcsavage the Arch Arsehole is STILL posting threads about himself?
    How this man hasnt been kicked to death is beyond me,the long-faced prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

halarious
    Hilarious
    hilarious

Not only does Muck Savage (I don't think I've seen anybody call him this before...) need new jokes but he also needs a thesaurus! I'll get him one if I ever see him in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

He is about as funny as cancer, plus if he saw someone with cancer walk by him he would probably slag them off for having cancer, the unfunny w@nker that he is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Noopti wrote: »
    He is about as funny as cancer, plus if he saw someone with cancer walk by him he would probably slag them off for having cancer, the unfunny w@nker that he is.

Just like he regularly does with people in wheelchairs.
    The scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok seeing as this thread has turned into a hate fest with no other value I think it's time to lock it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement